Last Updated on September 25, 2023
Costco is a staple in many households across the United States, offering budget-friendly items while still providing quality products. One of the best parts about shopping at Costco is their selection of delicious baked goods, including their famous banana bread!
If you’re looking to recreate that deliciousness at home, this easy step-by-step guide for a Costco Banana Bread Recipe will help you do just that. This has everything you need to create a moist and flavorful banana bread, all while having minimal ingredients.
All the items needed for this recipe can be found at Costco, meaning it’s both budget-friendly and easy! With just a few simple steps, you’ll be well on your way to enjoying delicious banana bread straight from the comfort of your own kitchen.
What is Costco Banana Bread?
Costco banana bread is a delicious and moist loaf that is popular among Costco shoppers. It’s made with just a few simple ingredients, including butter, eggs, sugar, mashed bananas, walnuts, vanilla extract, baking soda and all-purpose flour.
The batter can be prepared in minutes and then the finished product comes out of the oven fluffy and flavorful – perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
This is a great way to use up ripe bananas that you may have on hand and also makes for a great gift. Plus, everything needed can be found at Costco, making this both affordable and delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Costco Banana Bread?
This delicious banana bread is the perfect way to use up ripe bananas and make a tasty snack or dessert. The butter, eggs, sugar, mashed bananas, walnuts, vanilla extract, baking soda, and all-purpose flour come together to create a moist and flavorful loaf of bread that everyone will love.
Plus, thanks to its minimal ingredients list it’s easy to whip up this cake in just minutes. It also has a great texture and flavor thanks to the addition of walnuts, as they add crunch and nuttiness to the banana bread.
And because all ingredients can be found at Costco, this is budget-friendly while still providing you with an amazing end result. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or something sweet to go along with a cup of coffee, this Costco banana bread is sure to hit the spot!
You’ll also like the following Dessert recipes!
- Butter: This provides the bread with a rich flavor.
- Eggs: This helps bind all the ingredients together.
- Sugar: Make sure to use confectioner sugar as it results in a sweeter and more moist cake.
- Mashed Bananas: Ripe bananas are best for this recipe, as they have more natural sweetness and add texture to
- Eggs: Eggs give the banana bread a light and airy texture that is moist and fluffy.
- Sugar: Sugar helps to sweeten the banana bread and adds an element of sweetness.
- Bananas: Bananas are a key ingredient in banana bread, adding natural sweetness as well as moisture to the recipe.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla adds a subtle sweetness to the banana bread, as well as an element of depth and complexity.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda helps to leaven the banana bread by creating small air bubbles that make it rise while baking.
- Salt: Salt helps enhance the flavor of the cake while also helping to balance out all of the flavors.
- All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour helps to bind the ingredients together and create a moist cake.
- Walnuts: Walnuts add an element of crunch and nuttiness to the banana bread, as well as providing some additional protein.
Step by Step Directions
Prepare the oven
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Grease and line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
Mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside.
Mix the wet ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed bananas and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
Combine Dry ingredients with Wet Ingredients
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in chopped walnuts.
Bake the banana bread
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
-If you don’t have fresh walnuts on hand, feel free to use chopped pecans or even chocolate chips instead.
-For an extra sweet treat, try adding a layer of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips on top of the banana bread before baking.
-Make sure to use very ripe bananas for this.
-The easiest way to mash the bananas is with a fork.
-For best results, use all-purpose flour and not whole wheat.
How to store Costco Banana Bread?
When it comes to storing your Costco banana bread, it’s best to keep it in an airtight container or bag at room temperature. It will last for up to 4 days this way.
Alternatively, you can also store the loaf in the fridge where it will stay good for up to 2 weeks. If stored properly, the banana bread can also be frozen for up to months.
To thaw, simply place the banana bread in the fridge overnight and then let it come to room temperature before serving.
What other substitute can I use in Costco Banana Bread?
Here are a few possible substitutions for this:
- If you don’t have walnuts, feel free to use pecans, almonds, or even sunflower seeds instead.
- You can also swap out the all-purpose flour for almond flour or coconut flour if desired.
- For an extra bit of sweetness and flavor, try adding some cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter.
- If you don’t have butter, you can use coconut oil instead.
- 2 mixing bowl
- loaf pan
- 2 Stick Of Butter At Room Temperature
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Cup Of Sugar
- 3 Cup Mashed Bananas
- 4 Handfuls Of Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract Your Choice
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Of Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs one at a time while beating well after each addition. Mix in the mashed banana and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined and then stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool in its pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy your delicious banana bread.
- If you don’t have fresh walnuts on hand, feel free to use chopped pecans or even chocolate chips instead.
- For an extra sweet treat, try adding a layer of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips on top of the banana bread before baking.
- Make sure to use very ripe bananas for this.
- The easiest way to mash the bananas is with a fork.
- For best results, use all-purpose flour and not whole wheat.
Is this gluten-free?
No, this banana bread recipe is not gluten-free as it calls for all-purpose flour.
Can I make this into muffins?
Yes! Simply divide the batter between 12 greased muffin tins and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Is this vegan?
No, this banana bread is not vegan as it calls for butter and eggs. To make this recipe vegan-friendly, you can substitute the butter with vegan butter or coconut oil and use a flax egg in place of the eggs.
Thank you for reading this article Costco Banana Bread is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that everyone will love.
With minimal ingredients and budget-friendly prices, it’s the perfect way to use ripe bananas for a tasty snack or treat. Plus, with substitutions like almond flour or coconut oil, you can easily make this recipe vegan-friendly too.
Please share this article with your friends and be sure to check out our other articles for more delicious recipes!
You’ll also like these latest recipes!
Lori Walker is a passionate dietitian and food lover. She offers simple and nutritious recipes that don't take long to cook. In addition to sharing delicious dishes, she also shares useful advice on saving time and money in the kitchen. She believes that with a bit of creativity, anyone can make healthy meals that won't break the bank. Read more