Last Updated on December 27, 2023
Are you looking for a delicious chicken marinade recipe that is packed with flavor?
If so, you’ve come to the right place! Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade is a unique and flavorful marinade that’s perfect for any occasion.
This marinade has been around for years, but its popularity has recently surged due to its delicious taste and easy preparation.
In this article, we’ll discuss what is Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade, what it tastes like, the ingredients, directions, tips, nutrition information, what to serve with it, and how to store leftovers. We’ll also provide some great substitutes for the ingredients in this marinade and answer some frequently asked questions.
What is Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade?
Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade is a unique and flavorful marinade that is typically used to marinate chicken.
It’s made with a combination of seasonings and spices, such as garlic, cumin, oregano, and cilantro. It’s great for adding flavor to chicken before grilling, baking, or roasting. The marinade also helps to keep the chicken moist and tender.
What Does it Taste Like?
Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade has a unique and flavorful taste. The combination of spices and seasonings gives it a savory and slightly spicy flavor.
The garlic, cumin, oregano, and cilantro all contribute to the flavor of this marinade and help to bring out the natural taste of the chicken.
You’ll also like the following Dinner recipes!
- Sambal Terasi Lemon Cui Calamansi Copycat Recipe
- How to make Bill Miller Cornbread Dressing
- Ree Drummond’s Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 whole Chickens: Whole chickens are the main protein source for the Juan Pollo chicken marinade. They provide a juicy and flavorful base for the dish, absorbing the marinade ingredients to create a tasty and well-seasoned result.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil serves as a key component of the marinade, adding richness and contributing to the overall mouthfeel of the chicken. It also helps the marinade ingredients adhere to the chicken and promotes even cooking.
- 1 cup pineapple juice: Pineapple juice serves as a natural tenderizer for the chicken. The enzymes in pineapple juice break down proteins, resulting in a more tender and succulent texture. It also imparts a subtle sweetness to balance the savory and spicy elements.
- 4 tbsp oregano: Oregano adds a robust and earthy flavor to the marinade, enhancing the overall herbal profile. It complements the other spices and contributes to the distinctive taste of Juan Pollo chicken.
- 2/3 cup lime juice or lemon juice: Lime or lemon juice provides acidity to the marinade, brightening the flavors and adding a citrusy kick. It not only enhances the taste but also works alongside pineapple juice to tenderize the chicken.
- 2 tbsp garlic: Garlic adds a pungent and savory depth to the marinade. It is a classic ingredient in many savory dishes, contributing to the overall umami flavor of the chicken.
- 2 tbsp white vinegar: White vinegar adds acidity to the marinade, helping to balance the sweetness of the pineapple juice. It also contributes a tangy flavor that enhances the overall taste of the chicken.
- 2 tbsp paprika powder: Paprika powder brings a mild and slightly sweet smokiness to the marinade. It contributes color and depth of flavor to the chicken.
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper: Black pepper adds heat and a bold, aromatic flavor to the marinade. It complements the other spices, providing a well-rounded taste to the chicken.
- 2 tbsp mild chili peppers flakes, or cayenne pepper: Chili pepper flakes or cayenne pepper bring a subtle heat to the marinade, adding a spicy kick to the chicken. The level of heat can be adjusted based on personal preference.
- 2 tbsp white pepper powder: White pepper powder provides a milder heat compared to black pepper and contributes to the overall spiciness of the marinade. It also adds a slightly earthy and floral note.
- 2 tbsp salt: Salt is a fundamental seasoning that enhances the natural flavors of the chicken and other ingredients. It helps balance the sweetness, acidity, and spiciness in the marinade, ensuring a well-seasoned and flavorful result.
Step 1: Prepare Chickens:
Clean and pat dry the whole chicken. Optionally, cut the chickens into smaller pieces for easier marination.
Step 2: Make Marinade:
In a large bowl, combine extra virgin olive oil, pineapple juice, oregano, lime juice (or lemon juice), minced garlic, white vinegar, paprika powder, ground black pepper, chili pepper flakes (or cayenne pepper), white pepper powder, and salt. Mix well to create the marinade.
Step 3: Marinate the Chickens:
Place the cleaned chickens in a large dish or resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over them, ensuring even coating. Massage the marinade into the chicken for thorough distribution.
Step 4: Refrigerate:
Cover the dish or seal the bag, then refrigerate the marinating chicken for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight, to enhance flavors.
Step 5: Preheat Grill:
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
Step 6: Grill the Chicken:
Take the marinated chicken out, let it reach room temperature for 20-30 minutes, then place on the preheated grill.
Step 7: Grill to Perfection:
Grill until the chicken reaches a safe internal temperature (165°F or 74°C) and the skin is golden brown and crispy. Cooking times vary based on chicken size and grill type.
Step 8: Baste with Marinade (Optional):
Optionally, baste the chicken with reserved marinade during grilling for extra flavor.
Step 9: Rest and Serve:
Allow the grilled chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving to let juices redistribute and keep the meat moist.
Step 10: Enjoy:
Serve Juan Pollo Chicken with your preferred sides. Relish the vibrant flavors infused by the citrusy, spicy, and savory marinade.
One serving of Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade (2 tablespoons) contains approximately 263 calories, 7 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbohydrates, and 1 gram of protein.
What to Serve with Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade?
Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade is great served with a variety of side dishes. Here are some great options to serve with it:
How to Store Leftover Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade?
If you have any leftover Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade, it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What Other Substitutes Can I Use in Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade?
If you don’t have all the ingredients to make Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade, you can use a few substitutions. Here are some suggestions:
Garlic: Garlic powder or minced garlic from a jar can be used in place of fresh garlic.
Cumin: Smoked paprika can be used in place of cumin.
Oregano: Dried thyme can be used in place of oregano.
Cilantro: Parsley can be used in place of cilantro.
Olive oil: Avocado oil can be used in place of olive oil.
- Foil paper
- 2 whole Chickens
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 4 tbsp oregano
- 2/3 cup lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp mild chili peppers flakes or cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp white pepper powder
- 2 tbsp salt
- Clean and pat dry the whole chicken. If desired, you can cut the chickens into smaller pieces for easier marination.
- In a large bowl, combine extra virgin olive oil, pineapple juice, oregano, lime juice (or lemon juice), minced garlic, white vinegar, paprika powder, ground black pepper, chili pepper flakes (or cayenne pepper), white pepper powder, and salt. Mix the ingredients well to create the marinade.
- Place the cleaned chickens in a large, shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the chickens, ensuring they are well-coated. Massage the marinade into the chicken pieces to ensure even distribution.
- Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate the marinating chicken for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight. This allows the flavors to penetrate the chicken and enhance its taste.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the marinated chickens from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. Place them on the preheated grill.
- Grill the chicken until it reaches a safe internal temperature (165°F or 74°C) and the skin is golden brown and crispy. Cooking times will vary based on the size of the chicken pieces and the type of grill used.
- Optionally, baste the chicken with some of the reserved marinade during grilling for added flavor.
- Allow the grilled chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving. This helps the juices redistribute and keeps the meat moist.
- Serve Juan Pollo Chicken with your favorite sides and enjoy the delicious flavors infused by the vibrant marinade. This recipe brings a perfect balance of citrusy, spicy, and savory notes to your grilled chicken.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How long should I marinate the chicken?
A: For best results, marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, but no longer than 8 hours.
Q2: Can I use this marinade for other types of meat?
A: Yes, this marinade can be used for other types of meat, such as beef, pork, or fish.
Q3: Does this marinade need to be refrigerated?
A: Yes, it’s best to store the marinade in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Q4: Can I freeze the marinade?
A: Yes, you can freeze the marinade in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Q5: Is this marinade suitable for vegetarians?
A: Yes, this marinade is suitable for vegetarians.
Q6: Can I make this marinade in advance?
A: Yes, you can prepare the marinade in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Q7: Does this marinade contain dairy?
A: No, this marinade does not contain dairy.
Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade is a flavorful and unique marinade that’s perfect for any occasion. It’s easy to make and can be served with a variety of side dishes.
It’s also a great option for vegetarians. If you’re looking for a delicious marinade to try, give Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade a try!
You’ll also like these latest recipes!
- Caesar Potato Salad Copycat Recipe
- Kevin Belton Shrimp Etouffee
- How to make Coconut Water Strawberry Smoothie
Rebecca Novak is a trained chef with over 10 years of experience in the food industry. She has worked in both fine dining and casual Hungarian restaurants and specializes in creating dishes using fresh, seasonal ingredients. She also loves exploring different cuisines worldwide, which allows her to bring unique flavors and ideas to the recipes she creates for Hungarianchef.com. Read more