Last Updated on July 16, 2023
Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce is a delicious, savory sauce. This restaurant favorite can be easily recreated in your own kitchen! You can serve this yummy mushroom sauce over your favorite dishes for a flavorful meal everyone will love.
In this article, we’ll show you how to make Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce at home. We’ll also provide tips for storing leftovers, as well as answering frequently asked questions about this recipe.
Read on and learn how to make this tasty mushroom sauce from the comfort of your own home!
What is Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce?
Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce is a Dish from the popular Texus Redhouse restaurant chain. This delicious sauce is made from sautéed mushrooms, garlic, onions, and Worcestershire sauce.
It’s usually served over steak or chicken for a savory meal that’s both flavorful and satisfying. This simple sauce can easily be recreated at home with just a few ingredients.
What does it taste like?
Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce has a depth of flavor that comes from the combination of sautéed mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic.
The sauce also has an underlying sweetness thanks to the addition of brown sugar. All these flavors combine to create a savory, umami-packed dish that goes perfectly with steak or chicken.
You Might also Like These Dinner Recipes!
- Smoked Turkey Tails (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Arby’s Mac And Cheese
- Recipe for Pollo Tropical Chicken
How did I first get introduced to the Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce?
I first discovered the Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce when I was visiting a friend in Texas. We went to the restaurant and they had this sauce as one of their specials.
The combination of savory mushrooms, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar sounded so intriguing that I just had to try it. I was so glad that I did because it was absolutely delicious! I’ve been making this dish ever since.
How to make Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce?
Making Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce at home is easy and only takes a few minutes. Here are the ingredients & step-by-step instructions for this recipe:
- Butter: This is the key ingredient to making the sauce. It helps bring together all the other flavors and adds a rich, savory flavor.
- Mushrooms: Use fresh mushrooms for best results. Be sure to wash them thoroughly before slicing them and adding them to the recipe.
- Salt & pepper: To give your mushroom sauce some kick, be sure to season with salt and pepper.
- Worcestershire sauce: This will provide a smoky, tangy flavor.
- Garlic: You can use fresh or minced garlic for this recipe.
- Onion: Chopped onions add sweetness and texture to the dish.
- Brown sugar: The brown sugar brings out the sweet flavors of the mushrooms.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are softened and lightly browned.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onions, and brown sugar to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for another 3-5 minutes until the onions are softened and translucent.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened.
Taste and season with more salt & pepper if needed. Serve hot over steak, chicken, or other dishes.
• You use any type of mushroom for this recipe. Portobello mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, and button mushrooms all work well.
• If you don’t have fresh garlic on hand, you can use ½ teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
• For a spicier version, you can add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the sauce.
• This mushroom sauce can also be used as a topping for baked potatoes or burgers.
• To make this vegan, simply substitute the butter with olive oil and use vegan Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 Equipment
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Wooden spoon
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- ½ onions (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are softened and lightly browned.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onions, and brown sugar to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for another 3-5 minutes until the onions are softened and translucent.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened.
- Taste and season with more salt & pepper if needed. Serve hot over steak, chicken, or other dishes.
- You use any type of mushroom for this recipe. Portobello mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, and button mushrooms all work well.
- If you don’t have fresh garlic on hand, you can use ½ teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
- For a spicier version, you can add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the sauce.
- This mushroom sauce can also be used as a topping for baked potatoes or burgers.
- To make this vegan, simply substitute the butter with olive oil and use vegan Worcestershire sauce.
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Calcium: 20mg
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 139mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 324mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 7g
- Vitamin A: 238IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
What to serve with Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce?
Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce goes great with a variety of proteins and dishes. It is especially delicious served over steak, chicken, or pork chops. You can also serve it as an appetizer dip with crackers or chips.
This sauce also pairs well with mashed potatoes, rice, roasted vegetables, grilled corn on the cob, and more. For a vegetarian option, try serving it over roasted mushrooms or grilled portobello mushrooms. It can also be used as a topping for burgers and hot dogs.
How to store leftover Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce?
You can store leftover Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply heat the sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it is hot.
Alternatively, you can microwave it at 50% power for 2-3 minutes or until it is heated through.
Can pregnant women eat this?
It is generally safe for pregnant women to eat this sauce, as long as it is stored and reheated properly. However, pregnant women should consult their doctor before consuming any type of food.
Because the sauce contains Worcestershire sauce, which can contain anchovies, anyone with a fish or shellfish allergy should not consume it.
Is this sauce vegan?
This sauce can be made vegan by substituting the butter with olive oil and using vegan Worcestershire sauce. However, it is important to check the labels of any store-bought ingredients to make sure they are indeed vegan.
Additionally, this sauce contains anchovies in the Worcestershire sauce, so anyone with a fish or shellfish allergy should not consume it.
How spicy is this sauce?
The spiciness of this sauce can vary depending on the ingredients used. By default, it is not spicy at all and the flavor profile is mostly savory with a hint of sweetness from the brown sugar.
However, if you would like to add some spice to your sauce, you can do so by adding a pinch of red pepper flakes to the mixture. This will give your sauce a subtle kick of heat that is not overpowering.
For those who love spicy food, you can also add some chopped jalapenos or other hot peppers for an extra pop of flavor.
Can I substitute the Worcestershire sauce with something else?
The Worcestershire sauce is an important ingredient in this dish, as it adds a unique flavor and depth to the mushroom sauce. While there are other ingredients that can be substituted for it, such as soy sauce or tamari, these will not give you the same taste as using the traditional Worcestershire sauce.
If you do not have Worcestershire sauce on hand, you can use a combination of apple cider vinegar and molasses to achieve a similar flavor. However, it is recommended that you try and find the original Worcestershire sauce for the best results.
Texas Roadhouse Mushroom Sauce is a delicious and easy-to-make sauce that is perfect for adding a savory flavor to your favorite proteins, sides, and appetizers.
Whether you are looking for something to top your steak or hamburgers with or just want to dip some chips in, this mushroom sauce is sure to hit the spot.
Before serving, make sure to check the label of any store-bought ingredients for allergens such as anchovies or Worcestershire sauce. You can also adjust the spiciness of the sauce by adding a pinch of red pepper flakes or jalapenos.
Thank you for reading! Please share this article with your friends and family if you found it helpful.
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Latest Recipes!
- Texas Roadhouse Chopped Steak Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Cracker Barrel Apple Dumpling Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom
Rebecca Novak is a trained chef with over 10 years of experience in the food industry. She has worked in both fine dining and casual Hungarian restaurants and specializes in creating dishes using fresh, seasonal ingredients. She also loves exploring different cuisines worldwide, which allows her to bring unique flavors and ideas to the recipes she creates for Hungarianchef.com. Read more