Last Updated on July 16, 2023
Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak is a savory and flavorful meal that’s sure to please. This recipe makes the perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family! Not sure what chopped steak is?
It’s a patty of ground-cooked beef, sometimes referred to as a beef patty, chop steak, hamburger steak, hand steak, or steak burger. Try this recipe out and you won’t be disappointed!
In this article, we’ll provide step-by-step instructions for making this delicious dish, along with tips and tricks to make sure your steaks turn out perfect every time. We’ll also answer some of the most frequently asked questions about making Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak at home. Let’s get cooking!
What is Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak?
Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak is a delicious dish from the popular chain restaurant Texas Roadhouse. It is a patty made from ground sirloin with mushrooms, onions, bacon, and potatoes cooked in beef stock.
The steak is then baked in the oven until it’s juicy and tender. This dish has a savory flavor that pairs well with mashed or roasted vegetables.
What does it taste like?
Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak has a savory and umami flavor. The ground sirloin is juicy and tender, while the mushrooms add an earthy taste. The bacon adds a smoky flavor, while the potatoes provide a subtle sweetness and texture. All of these flavors come together to make one delicious meal!
You Might also Like These Dinner Recipes!
- Recipe for Sweetgreen Blackened Chicken
- Dinos Chicken Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Publix Fried Chicken Recipe
How did I first get introduced to Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak?
I first tried Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak when I visited the restaurant with my family. We all loved it and kept ordering it again whenever we visited. I knew I had to learn how to make this dish at home, so I did some research and found the perfect recipe!
After making it at home a few times, I fell in love with the dish and now make it regularly. It’s always a hit with my family and friends, and I know you’ll love it too!
How to make Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak?
Making Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak is easy and only takes a few minutes. Below are the following ingredients & step-by-step guidelines for this recipe:
- Yellow Onion: This adds a sweet flavor to the meal and gives it a crunchy texture.
- Ground Sirloin: When formed into patties, this provides a meaty flavor and juicy texture that goes great with mushrooms!
- Mushrooms: These earthy fungi give the dish a savory taste.
- Thyme: This herb provides an earthy and herbal flavor.
- Beef Stock: This helps to tenderize the meat and bring out its delicious flavor!
- Raw Bacon: Simmered in beef stock, this adds a smoky, salty flavor.
- Idaho Potatoes: Shredded potatoes help to add body to the dish while making it more filling and hearty.
- Pepper and Salt: To taste!
- Olive Oil: This helps to bring out the flavors of all the other ingredients and provides a pleasant aroma.
Preheat oven to 350℉ (177°C).
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms, and sauté until the onions are softened and lightly browned.
In a separate bowl, combine ground sirloin with thyme, pepper, and salt to taste. Form into 8-ounce patties.
Add the beef patties to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
Add the bacon, potatoes, and beef stock to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the patties are cooked through.
Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Serve the chopped steak with mashed potatoes and vegetables of your choice.
– Use fresh ingredients for the best taste.
– Be sure to cook the patties before baking in the oven.
– Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before serving. This will make sure that all of the juices are sealed.
– Make sure to add enough beef stock so that it doesn’t dry out in the oven.
– For even more flavor, add a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to the skillet with the patties.
- 1 aucepan
- 1 Cast-iron skillet or wide
- 1 deep-pan,
- 1 Mixing bowl
- medium-size yellow onions
- 2 pounds of ground sirloin formed into 8-ounce patties
- 4 cups mushrooms cut in half
- 2 tsp of fresh thyme
- 4 cups beef stock
- 6 strips of diced raw bacon
- 4 shredded Idaho potatoes
- Cracked fresh pepper and sea salt to taste
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350℉ (177°C).
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms, and sauté until the onions are softened and lightly browned.
- In a separate bowl, combine ground sirloin with thyme, pepper, and salt to taste. Form into 8-ounce patties.
- Add the beef patties to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Add the bacon, potatoes, and beef stock to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the patties are cooked through.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve the chopped steak with mashed potatoes and vegetables of your choice.
- Calories: 514
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 663mg
What to serve with Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak?
Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak pairs well with a variety of sides, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or steamed rice. You could also serve it with a fresh salad for a light and healthy meal.
For an extra dose of flavor, sprinkle some freshly-grated Parmesan cheese on top of the steak before serving.
How to store leftover Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak?
Leftover Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak can be stored in an airtight container and placed in the refrigerator for up to four days.
When ready to enjoy, reheat the steak in a skillet over medium-high heat or in the microwave until it is warmed through. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent burning.
Alternatively, you can also freeze the steak for up to three months. When ready to use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat as mentioned above.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, it is safe for pregnant women to eat Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak. Pregnant women should, however, take care to ensure that the steak has been cooked through before consuming it.
Additionally, all other ingredients used in this recipe are generally considered safe for expecting mothers. It is advised that pregnant women consult their doctor for advice on food safety.
What can I substitute for the beef stock?
If you do not have beef stock, you can substitute it with chicken or vegetable broth. You may need to adjust the amount of salt and pepper used in the recipe, however, as these broths tend to be more flavorful than beef stock.
If desired, you can also substitute the stock with water and add a few extra spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, or basil. This will help to enhance the flavor of the dish.
Can I use ground turkey instead of sirloin?
Yes, you can substitute ground turkey for the sirloin in this recipe. Ground turkey is a leaner alternative that still provides a generous amount of protein and flavor. You may need to adjust the cooking time, however, as ground turkey tends to cook faster than beef.
Additionally, if desired you can add a few extra spices to the ground turkey for more flavor.
Can I use other vegetables instead of potatoes?
Yes, you can substitute the potatoes with other vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, or mushrooms.
When adding these vegetables to the skillet, sauté them in a little oil until they are tender before adding the steak patties. This will help them to cook evenly and ensure that they have great flavor.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak is naturally gluten-free. Ensure that all other ingredients used in the recipe are also gluten-free, such as Worcestershire sauce and any other spices that you may be using.
This will help to guarantee that the dish is safe for those with gluten sensitivities or allergies.
Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that the whole family will love. This hearty meal can be cooked up in just 30 minutes and makes for an excellent weeknight dinner.
Enjoy it with your favorite vegetables or sides for a balanced and nutritious meal. For those who have dietary restrictions, gluten-free and vegetarian versions of this recipe are also available. With its delicious flavor and simplicity, Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak is sure to be a hit!
Thank you for reading! We hope that this article has answered all your questions about Texas Roadhouse’s Chopped Steak.
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Latest Recipes!
- Cracker Barrel Apple Dumpling Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom
- Recipe for Chrissy Teigen Salmon
Rebecca Novak is a trained chef with over 10 years of experience in the food industry. She has worked in both fine dining and casual Hungarian restaurants and specializes in creating dishes using fresh, seasonal ingredients. She also loves exploring different cuisines worldwide, which allows her to bring unique flavors and ideas to the recipes she creates for Hungarianchef.com. Read more