Last Updated on July 16, 2023
Juan Pollo Potato Salad is a classic dish perfect for summer gatherings or potlucks. It’s made with delicious ingredients that come together to create a flavorful side dish everyone will love. Learn how to make this easy potato salad and serve it up at your next gathering.
In this article, we’ll cover what Juan Pollo Potato Salad is, how it tastes, the ingredients needed to make it, and step-by-step instructions. We’ll also talk about what to serve with this dish, how to store any leftovers, and answer common questions about eating this type of potato salad during pregnancy. So let’s get started!
What is Juan Pollo Potato Salad?
Juan Pollo Potato Salad is a classic dish from the American restaurant chain Juan Pollo, which is famous for its Mexican-style food.
It’s been passed down through generations of the renowned chef Juan Pollo, so you know it’s going to be delicious.
Juan Pollo Potato Salad is made from potatoes, mayonnaise, heavy cream, and other ingredients that come together to make a flavorful side dish.
What does it taste like?
This classic potato salad has a creamy, tangy flavor that is sure to please. The potatoes are cooked until they are fork-tender and have absorbed all the flavors of the mayonnaise, heavy cream, garlic powder, onion, white vinegar, carrots, black pepper, salt, and onion powder.
The fresh parsley adds a nice herbal flavor and the carrots add texture and sweetness. All these ingredients come together to create a flavorful side dish that pairs perfectly with grilled meats, fish, or vegetables.
You Might Also Like These Dinner Recipes!
- Chrissy Teigen Salmon Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Cracker Barrel Country Fried Steak Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Buffalo Wild Wings Potato Wedges
How did I first get introduced to the Juan Pollo Potato Salad?
I first tasted Juan Pollo Potato Salad at a family gathering. My cousin had brought it from the renowned restaurant chain Juan Pollo and everyone could not stop talking about how delicious it was!
I knew immediately that I wanted to learn how to make this classic side dish so I could share it with my own family and friends. So after some research, I was able to find the recipe and ingredients needed to make Juan Pollo Potato Salad
Ever since then, it has been a staple side dish at almost all of my family gatherings and potlucks! Everyone loves this classic potato salad that is sure to please any crowd.
How to make Juan Pollo Potato Salad?
Making this classic potato salad is easy and doesn’t require too many ingredients. Here are the ingredients & step-by-step instructions for this Salad:
- Russet potatoes or Yukon gold: This starchy potato is a classic in potato salad recipes. It cooks up creamy and absorbs other flavors well.
- Heavy Cream: This adds richness and flavor to the dish, making it extra creamy.
- Mayo: You can use either store-bought or homemade mayonnaise for this recipe.
- Garlic powder: A great way to add flavor to dishes, garlic powder helps to give the salad a subtle kick.
- Onion: White or yellow onion works best in this recipe. Chop it finely so it blends with other ingredients better and doesn’t overpower them.
- Distilled White Vinegar: This adds a little bit of tartness and helps balance out the flavors in the dish.
- Carrots: Carrots add a bit of crunch and sweetness to the salad that cannot be overlooked.
- Black Pepper: For an extra kick, add freshly ground black pepper for a pop of flavor.
- Salt: A little bit goes a long way when it comes to seasoning dishes like this one. Adjust the amount of salt according to your own taste.
- Onion Powder: This helps to give the salad more of an onion flavor without overpowering it.
- Fresh parsley: Parsley is a great way to add color and freshness to this dish. Be sure to chop it finely so that it blends into the other ingredients well.
Peel and cube the potatoes into ½ inch pieces. Place them in a pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl. While hot, add the heavy cream, mayo, garlic powder, diced onion, white vinegar, carrots, black pepper, salt, and onion powder. Mix until all the ingredients are evenly dispersed.
Let the mixture cool at room temperature before adding in the chopped parsley. Gently fold it in until combined.
Transfer to a serving dish and chill for several hours before serving.
Serve cold and enjoy!
-If you want to make your potato salad creamier, use a mixture of mayo and sour cream instead of just mayo.
-You can add other vegetables such as celery or bell peppers to the mix for more flavor and texture.
-For a little bit of spice, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the mix.
-If you don’t have fresh parsley on hand, you can substitute with dried herbs such as oregano or thyme.
-This potato salad is best served cold so be sure to chill it for several hours before serving.
- large mixing bowl
- Potato masher or fork
- Medium saucepan
- 6 medium russet potatoes or Yukon gold
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup onion white or yellow, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 small carrots
- ¼ cup black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- Peel and cube the potatoes into ½ inch pieces. Place them in a pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl. While hot, add the heavy cream, mayo, garlic powder, diced onion, white vinegar, carrots, black pepper, salt, and onion powder. Mix until all the ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Let the mixture cool at room temperature before adding in the chopped parsley. Gently fold it in until combined.
- Transfer to a serving dish and chill for several hours before serving.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Monounsaturated Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Potassium: 1164mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Calcium: 125mg
- Protein: 8g
- Fat: 51g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 21g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 551mg
- Sugar: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
What to serve with Juan Pollo Potato Salad?
Juan Pollo Potato Salad pairs nicely with:
Grilled meats: This potato salad goes great with grilled meats such as steak, chicken, or fish.
Burgers: If you’re having a BBQ, this is the perfect side dish to go along with your burgers.
Salads: A light green salad or Caesar salad would pair perfectly with Juan Pollo Potato Salad
Vegetables: Grilled or roasted vegetables also go great with this classic side dish.
How to store leftovers?
Leftover Juan Pollo Potato Salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
When you’re ready to reheat, take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature before heating it up on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Can pregnant women eat Juan Pollo Potato Salad?
Yes, pregnant women can eat Juan Pollo Potato Salad as long as the ingredients used are fresh and any eggs used are cooked.
It’s best to avoid eating large amounts of this dish due to the mayonnaise content. Also, make sure to check with your doctor before consuming this potato salad.
What is the difference between Juan Pollo Potato Salad and regular potato salad?
The main difference between Juan Pollo Potato Salad and regular potato salad is that it uses a combination of mayonnaise, heavy cream, garlic powder, onion, white vinegar, carrots, black pepper, salt, and onion powder to create a unique flavor profile.
Regular potato salad is usually made with mayonnaise and mustard as the main ingredients.
Can I substitute the potatoes in this recipe?
Yes, you can substitute the potatoes in this recipe. Other types of potatoes such as Yukon Gold or red potatoes will work just fine. Be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly depending on which type you choose.
Is Juan Pollo Potato Salad gluten-free?
Yes, Juan Pollo Potato Salad is gluten-free as long as you use a gluten-free mayonnaise. Make sure to check the ingredients list on your brand of mayonnaise to ensure it doesn’t contain any wheat or other gluten-containing products.
Additionally, be sure to serve this potato salad with gluten-free sides such as grilled meats, salads, or vegetables. This will ensure gluten-containing that your meal is completely gluten-free and safe to enjoy!
We hope this guide has been helpful in teaching you how to make Juan Pollo Potato Salad at home. With its creamy texture and unique flavor profile, it’s sure to become a family favorite!
Don’t forget to consider the tips and nutrition information provided and be sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Thank you for taking the time to read this guide and happy cooking! We hope you enjoy your Juan Pollo Potato Salad. Please share this article with your family and friends on social media.
Happy Eating! 🙂
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Latest Recipes!
- Hungarian Meatloaf (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Popeyes Mashed Potatoes
- Recipe for Kylie Jenner Ramen
Lori Walker is a passionate dietitian and food lover. She offers simple and nutritious recipes that don't take long to cook. In addition to sharing delicious dishes, she also shares useful advice on saving time and money in the kitchen. She believes that with a bit of creativity, anyone can make healthy meals that won't break the bank. Read more