Last Updated on July 15, 2023
Popeyes Mashed Potatoes is a classic Southern side dish that can be served with any meal. This recipe is made with Yukon Gold potatoes and a blend of flavorful ingredients.
Making this dish doesn’t take much time or effort and results in creamy mashed potatoes every time! Read on to learn how to make this delicious side dish.
In this article. You will learn about the details of Popeyes Mashed Potatoes. The Ingredients required measurement, step-by-step instructions to make them, and tips for better results.
You will also learn about the nutrition information related to this dish.
So let’s get started!
What is Popeyes Mashed Potatoes?
Popeyes Mashed Potatoes is a classic Southern side dish from the American Fast Food restaurant Popeyes. It is made with Yukon Gold potatoes, garlic, black pepper, creole seasoning, milk, butter, and salt.
This dish has a creamy texture and a flavorful blend of ingredients that make it an excellent accompaniment to any meal. It can be served as is or topped with cheese, bacon bits, or other desired toppings.
What does it taste like?
Popeyes Mashed Potatoes have a rich, creamy texture and deep flavor. The Yukon Gold potatoes give the dish a slightly sweet taste, while the garlic lends an earthy flavor.
The cracked black pepper adds a subtle hint of spice, and the creole seasoning brings out all of the flavors in the dish.
The milk and butter create a creamy texture that is perfect for scooping and spreading on your favorite meal. The finished dish has the perfect combination of rich flavor and creamy texture.
You Might Also Like These Dinner Recipes!
- Flavor God Taco Tuesday Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Flavor God Chicken Breast
- Recipe for Applebee’s Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp
How did I first get introduced to Popeyes Mashed Potatoes?
I first discovered Popeyes Mashed Potatoes when I was visiting one of their restaurants in Florida. I was immediately intrigued by the unique flavor combination and the creamy texture of the potatoes.
Since then, I have made this dish at home many times for dinner and other occasions. Popeyes Mashed Potatoes have become a staple side dish in my home!
How to make Popeyes Mashed Potatoes?
Making Popeyes Mashed Potatoes is easy and doesn’t take much time or effort. All you need is the ingredients & follow the step-by-step instructions below to make this delicious side dish:
- Yukon Gold Potatoes: This is the main ingredient for Popeyes Mashed Potatoes. Yukon Gold potatoes are the preferred variety for making mashed potatoes as they have a slightly sweet flavor and great texture, but any type of potato will work.
- Garlic: This adds an extra layer of flavor to the dish. The garlic should be minced or crushed before adding it to the mixture.
- Cracked Black Pepper: This gives the dish an added depth of flavor.
- Creole Seasoning: This seasoning is a blend of herbs and spices that add a unique flavor to this dish.
- Whole Milk: The milk helps to create a creamy texture for the mashed potatoes. It should be warmed before adding it to the mix.
- Butter: This adds a rich flavor and helps to create a creamy texture. It should be melted before adding it to the mix.
- Sea Salt: This is added for seasoning and to bring out all the flavors of the dish.
Peel and dice the potatoes into a uniform size.
Place the diced potatoes into a large pot and fill it halfway with cold water. Add two teaspoons of sea salt to the water, then place the pot over high heat.
Bring the water to a boil, reducing the heat once it reaches a rolling boil. Boil the potatoes until they are fork-tender, about 12 minutes.
While the potatoes are boiling, mince or crush the garlic and add it to a small bowl with the cracked black pepper and creole seasoning. Set aside.
Once the potatoes are done cooking, drain them in a colander and return them to the pot. Place the pot over low heat for a few minutes to evaporate any remaining water.
Remove the pot from heat and add the butter, milk, and garlic mixture. Mash the potatoes until they reach your desired consistency. You can also use an electric mixer or a potato ricer if you prefer.
Taste the mashed potatoes and adjust the seasoning as needed. Add salt, pepper, or additional butter if desired. Serve the mashed potatoes with your favorite meal!
– Be sure to use Yukon Gold potatoes for the best flavor and texture.
– If you don’t have creole seasoning, you can substitute it with equal parts of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and cayenne pepper.
– To make creamier mashed potatoes, add more butter or milk as needed.
- Large pot
- Potato masher
- Baking sheet
- or large skillet
- 5lb Potatoes, Yukon Gold, peeled
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- ½ Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- ¾ Cup Whole Milk, warmed
- ½ Cup Butter, unsalted, melted
- 4 teaspoons Sea Salt, divided
- Peel and dice the potatoes into a uniform size. Place the diced potatoes into a large pot and fill it halfway with cold water. Add two teaspoons of sea salt to the water, then place the pot over high heat.
- Bring the water to a boil, reducing the heat once it reaches a rolling boil. Boil the potatoes until they are fork-tender, about 12 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, mince or crush the garlic and add it to a small bowl with the cracked black pepper and creole seasoning. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, drain them in a colander and return them to the pot. Place the pot over low heat for a few minutes to evaporate any remaining water.
- Remove the pot from heat and add the butter, milk, and garlic mixture. Mash the potatoes until they reach your desired consistency. You can also use an electric mixer or a potato ricer if you prefer.
- Taste the mashed potatoes and adjust the seasoning as needed. Add salt, pepper, or additional butter if desired. Serve the mashed potatoes with your favorite meal!
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Sodium: 1235mg
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 9g
What to serve with Popeyes Mashed Potatoes?
Popeyes Mashed Potatoes can be served with any meal. They are an excellent accompaniment to grilled meats such as steak, chicken, or fish. They are also delicious when served with roasted vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower.
This dish is also great for holiday meals such as Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners! Try serving them with your favorite gravy or melted cheese for an added touch of flavor. No matter how you serve them, Popeyes Mashed Potatoes are sure to be a hit!
How to store leftover Popeyes Mashed Potatoes?
Any leftover mashed potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. The potatoes will stay creamy and flavorful when properly stored.
To reheat, simply add a few tablespoons of milk and microwave until warm. If you are serving cold, mix in additional butter and seasonings as desired before serving.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Popeyes Mashed Potatoes are safe for pregnant women to eat if they are prepared according to the recipe. Pregnant women should always follow food safety guidelines and cook their foods thoroughly.
They should also check with their doctor before eating any type of food that is not part of a traditional diet. However, Popeyes Mashed Potatoes can be a delicious and nutritious part of a balanced meal.
Can this dish be made vegan?
Yes, Popeyes Mashed Potatoes can easily be made vegan by replacing butter and milk with vegan-friendly alternatives such as coconut milk or olive oil.
You can also replace the creole seasoning with your favorite vegan-friendly seasoning blend. Additionally, you can add extra vegetables such as carrots, onions, and peppers for added flavor and nutrition.
Vegan Popeyes Mashed Potatoes can be a delicious side dish to any meal!
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes, Popeyes Mashed Potatoes can be easily made ahead of time. Once the potatoes are cooked, you can mash them and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
When ready to serve, simply reheat with additional butter and milk as needed. This dish can also be frozen for up to three months. Be sure to thaw the potatoes in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Can I use other types of potatoes?
Yes, you can use any type of potato for this recipe. However, Yukon Gold potatoes are recommended as they have a slightly sweet flavor and great texture. Red potatoes, russet potatoes, or sweet potatoes will also work well in this dish.
Popeyes Mashed Potatoes are a classic dish that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is easy to make and can be customized to fit any dietary preference or lifestyle.
With its creamy texture and flavorful seasonings, Popeyes Mashed Potatoes will become a family favorite in no time! Try making them today for your next meal!
Thank you for reading! We hope that the information provided was helpful and that you feel more confident in making Popeyes Mashed Potatoes. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or comments.
Happy cooking! 🙂
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Latest Recipes!
- Kylie Jenner Ramen (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Kfc Apple Pie
- Bahama Mama Smoothie Recipe (Copycat Version)
Rebecca Novak is a trained chef with over 10 years of experience in the food industry. She has worked in both fine dining and casual Hungarian restaurants and specializes in creating dishes using fresh, seasonal ingredients. She also loves exploring different cuisines worldwide, which allows her to bring unique flavors and ideas to the recipes she creates for Hungarianchef.com. Read more