Last Updated on November 20, 2023
Do you love the sweet and spicy flavor of gingerbread muffins? If so, you’ll love Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins. This delicious treat is a great way to start your day or enjoy as an afternoon snack.
The sweet and spicy flavors of gingerbread are sure to tantalize your taste buds. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins in no time!
With a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can make your own Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins with ease.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through how to make your own Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins, and its nutrition benefits and many more helpful tips. So let’s get started.
What are Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins?
Jason’s Deli is an American chain of fast casual restaurants founded in 1976 in Beaumont, Texas.
One of their popular item is Gingerbread Muffins. It is a sweet and spicy treat that are sure to please any palate. The flavors of rich, dark molasses, strong cocoa, warm ginger, and sweet cinnamon make this muffin a perfect way to start your day. The recipe is easy to make with minimal effort and is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
What Does it Taste Like?
Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins have a unique flavor combination that will satisfy the sweet and spicy lovers alike.
The rich molasses and warm spices blend together with the strong flavor of cocoa to create a unique flavor that is both sweet and spicy.
The warm spices of ginger and cinnamon give the muffin a cozy warmth that is sure to delight the senses. The sweetness of the molasses and the crunch of the toasted nuts make this muffin the perfect treat!
You’ll also like the following Dessert recipes!
- Costco Cranberry Orange Bisconie Copycat Recipe
- How to make Cajun Ninja King Cake
- Chick Fil A Chocolate Chip Cookie
To prepare the Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins, you’ll need these following ingredients.
- Cooking Spray: just the amount to prepare the muffin pan (or you can use muffin liners to make it more attractive).
- Butter – Unsalted (½ cup): melt the butter and bring it to room temperature.
- Cocoa Powder (½ cup): you’ll need approximately half cup of cocoa powder to have a strong flavor.
- Baking Soda (1 ½ tsp): you’ll need approximately 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda to make the muffins soft.
- Buttermilk (1 cup): 1 cup of buttermilk at room temperature.
- Dark Brown Sugar (1 cup): 1 cup of dark brown sugar for rich, sweet and soft texture.
- All-Purpose Flour (2 ½ cup): you’ll need around 2 ½ cup of flours to have some luscious muffins.
- Ground Ginger (1 tsp): 1 teaspoon of ground ginger to make the muffins more flavourful and spicy.
- Cinnamon Powder (1 tsp): 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to enhance your muffins.
- Salt (½ tsp): half a teaspoon of salt to taste.
- Molasses (½ cup): half a cup of molasses to take the flavors of the muffin to another level.
- Nutmeg (¼ tsp): ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg to enhance the aroma and flavors of the muffins.
- Egg (1 large): take a large egg of room temperature and beat it well with a whisk.
- Toasted Pecans/Nuts (½ cup): take half a cup of pecans/nuts of your choice and toast them in a light flame.
The Effects of Ingredients in this Recipe
The ingredients in Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins are simple and easy to find. You will need all-purpose flour, buttermilk, baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, salt, dark molasses, eggs, unsalted butter, toasted nuts and other ingredients that are easy to find. The ingredients combine to create a sweet and spicy flavor that is sure to please any palate.
The all-purpose flour is the base of the muffin and provides structure. The baking powder and baking soda help the muffin to rise and create a light and fluffy texture.
The spices of ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg give the muffin its warm and spicy flavor. The dark molasses provides sweetness and depth of flavor. The eggs, butter and buttermilk provide moisture to the muffin; and the toasted pecans/nuts add crunch and texture.
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
Gather all the ingredients to ensure a tidy and smooth cooking process.
Step 2: Melt Butter
In a saucepan over low heat, melt 1 cup of butter until it achieves a smooth, liquid consistency.
Step 3: Preheat the Oven
Preheat your oven to 350°F. This will ensure that your muffins bake evenly and come out with a golden brown texture.
Step 4: Prepare the Muffin Pan
Spray the cooking spray evenly on the muffin pan or line up the muffin liners.
Step 5: Prepare the Dry Ingredients
In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt and other dry ingredients. Whisk together until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Step 6: Prepare the Wet Ingredients
In a separate bowl, whisk together the dark molasses, buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and other wet ingredients until smooth.
Step 7: Combine the Wet and Dry Ingredients
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix as this will result in tough, dense muffins.
Step 8: Fill the Muffin Pan
Divide the batter evenly among 12 prepared muffin cups. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full so the muffins won’t rise too much; and you don’t have to worry about them overflowing.
Step 9: Bake the Muffins
Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. If making mini sized muffins, it’ll be more like 15 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean.
Step 10: Cool, Decorate and Enjoy
Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack or decorating. Then sprinkle the toasted pecans/nuts of your choice on top of the muffins and place them on a plate to serve. Enjoy your delicious Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins warm or at room temperature.
– Use fresh spices for the best flavor.
– Make sure the ingredients are at room temperature before you begin baking.
– Do not overmix the batter as this will result in tough, dense muffins.
– Toasting the nuts before adding them will add crunch and texture to the muffins.
– Let the muffins cool in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Each Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffin contains –
- 160 calories
- 7 grams of fat
- 24 grams of carbohydrates
- 1 gram of dietary fiber
- 3 grams of protein
What to Serve with Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins?
Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins are great on their own as a snack, but can also be served as part of a larger meal. Here are some tasty options to serve with your muffins:
– Greek yogurt and berries
– Avocado toast
– Arugula salad
– Egg sandwich
– Overnight oats
– Fruit smoothie
How to Store Leftover Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins?
If you have leftover muffins, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, simply place the muffin in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
What Other Substitutes Can I Use in Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins?
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, there are some easy substitutions you can make to the recipe. Here are some options:
– Use vegetable oil instead of butter
– Use honey instead of molasses
– Use pumpkin pie spice instead of ground ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg
– Use chopped walnuts or other nuts instead of toasted pecans
– Use almond meal instead of all-purpose flour
- Microwave Oven
- measuring cups, and spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Rubber Spatula or Wooden Spoon
- Standard 12-well Muffin Pan
- cooking spray or muffin liners
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup molasses powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup toasted pecans/nuts of choice for decorations
- Prepare Ingredients: Gather all ingredients for a tidy and smooth cooking process.
- Melt Butter: In a saucepan over low heat, melt ½ cup of butter until smooth and liquid.
- Prepare the Oven & Muffin Pans: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F) and prepare the muffin pans with cooking spray or line up the muffin liners.
- Combine the Dry Ingredients: Combine sugar, cocoa powder, flour, soda, salt, spices or other dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl mix the egg, molasses, buttermilk, and butter in well complexion.
- Mixing: Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir until just blended or use a blender to mix all the ingredients to have a smoother texture.
- Placing the Mixture: Place the mixture into the muffin pans about 3/4 full, so the muffins don’t rise too much or overflow.
- Baking: Bake 20 minutes for normal sized muffins (if mini – bake 15 minutes).
- Check with Toothpick: Use a toothpick to check if the muffins are finely baked. Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Buttermilk: *In case there’s no buttermilk at home, just add 1 tbsp of white vinegar or lemon juice to a cup of regular milk and let sit out for about 10 minutes and you have a homemade buttermilk.
- Serve/Decorate and Enjoy: Serve them in their usual soft texture on a serving plate or you can decorate the muffins with nuts/icing and sprinkles with your choice of flavors and colors!
- Use fresh spices for the best flavor.
- Make sure the ingredients are at room temperature before you begin baking.
- Do not overmix the batter as this will result in tough, dense muffins.
- Toasting the nuts before adding them will add crunch and texture to the muffins.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins Recipe so delicious?
The combination of the sweet molasses, warm spices, and crunchy toasted pecans make this muffin a truly unique and delicious treat.
How long will Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins keep?
The muffins will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins?
Yes, you can freeze the muffins for up to 3 months. Allow them to cool completely before transferring to a freezer-safe container or bag.
Can I make muffins without toasted pecans?
Yes, you can make muffins without the toasted pecans. They will still be delicious, but may not have the same crunch and texture.
Can I use gluten-free flour to make the muffins?
Yes, you can use gluten-free flour to make the muffins. Just make sure to use a gluten-free baking powder and baking soda as well.
What other spices can I use in the muffins?
In addition to the spices listed in the recipe, you can use allspice, cardamom, and cloves in the muffins for extra flavor.
Can I use a different type of nut in the muffins?
Yes, you can use any type of nut in the muffins. Walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts are all delicious options.
Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins are simple and delicious treats that are sure to please any palate. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these sweet and spicy muffins in no time.
The combination of the sweet molasses, warm spices, and crunchy toasted pecans/nuts make this muffin a truly unique and delicious treat. Enjoy your delicious Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins warm or at room temperature.
You’ll also like these latest recipes!
- Brenda Gantt Fried Chicken Copycat Recipe
- How to make Costco Pizza Sauce
- Costco Cranberry Orange Bisconie
Rebecca Novak is a trained chef with over 10 years of experience in the food industry. She has worked in both fine dining and casual Hungarian restaurants and specializes in creating dishes using fresh, seasonal ingredients. She also loves exploring different cuisines worldwide, which allows her to bring unique flavors and ideas to the recipes she creates for Hungarianchef.com. Read more