Last Updated on January 8, 2024
Blue raspberry ice cream is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed any time of the year. This creamy and indulgent dessert is a popular favorite among both adults and children alike.
Everyone loves the sweet and tart flavor of the blue raspberry ice cream, which is why it has become a go-to favorite for so many people.
In this article, we’ll provide a recipe for this classic dessert, as well as some tips and tricks to help you perfect your own blue raspberry ice cream. Read on for all the information you need to make this delightful treat.
What is blue raspberry ice cream?
The Blue raspberry ice cream is a type of ice cream that is flavored with a combination of blue raspberry and other natural or artificial flavors. It is typically colored a bright, eye-catching blue with food dyes.
The flavor of blue raspberry ice cream is sweet and tart, with a slightly tangy aftertaste. It is a classic favorite among both adults and children, and is often served at special occasions, such as birthdays and holidays.
What does it taste like?
Blue raspberry ice cream has a unique flavor that is both sweet and tart. The blue raspberry flavor is balanced by the creamy, rich texture of the ice cream.
The flavor is reminiscent of blueberry, with a more tart twist. The combination of sweet and tart results in a delightful flavor that is sure to please anyone.
You’ll also like the following Dessert recipes!
- Jar of premium sweetened condensed milk: Used as a sweetening agent and to provide a creamy texture to the ice cream. It contributes sweetness and helps in creating a smooth consistency without crystallization.
- Chilled organic heavy cream: This ingredient adds richness and creaminess to the ice cream. When whipped, it incorporates air into the mixture, creating a light and fluffy texture.
- Pure Madagascar vanilla extract: Adds a subtle but rich vanilla flavor, enhancing the overall taste of the ice cream.
- Artisanal raspberry essence: Introduces a concentrated raspberry flavor to the ice cream, enhancing the fruity profile and adding depth to the taste.
- Handcrafted Raspberry Preserves or locally sourced fresh raspberries: Provides the main raspberry flavor and texture to the ice cream. Raspberry preserves add sweetness and concentrated fruitiness, while fresh raspberries contribute natural tartness and freshness.
- Natural blueberry-infused gel food coloring: Used to give the ice cream its distinct blue color, adding visual appeal and creating the characteristic blue raspberry appearance.
Step 1. Prepare Raspberry Base:
- Option 1 – Using Raspberry Preserves: In a mixing bowl, gather the Raspberry Preserves. Combine them in the bowl, ensuring to break up any large chunks for an even consistency.
- Option 2 – Using Fresh Raspberries: Take fresh raspberries and wash them thoroughly. Place them in a blender or food processor and puree until a smooth texture is achieved.
Step 2. Add Flavoring and Color to Raspberry Base:
- Whichever base you’ve prepared (Preserves or Fresh Raspberry Puree), add artisanal raspberry essence for an intensified raspberry flavor.
- Incorporate natural blueberry-infused gel food coloring into the raspberry base. Gradually mix until the desired shade of blue is reached. Adjust the amount of food coloring based on your preference for the intensity of the color.
Step 3. Prepare Sweetened Base:
- In a separate bowl, pour the sweetened condensed milk. Add pure Madagascar vanilla extract to the condensed milk and stir thoroughly until the flavors are well combined.
Step 4. Whip Heavy Cream:
- In a clean mixing bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip the chilled organic heavy cream. Whip it until stiff peaks form, which generally takes a few minutes on medium-high speed.
Step 5. Combine Bases:
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Use a spatula to carefully combine them. Ensure no streaks are visible, creating a smooth and uniform mixture.
Step 6. Incorporate Raspberry Mixture:
- Add the prepared raspberry mixture (with essence and coloring) into the whipped cream and condensed milk blend. Gently fold it in until it’s uniformly distributed throughout the mixture. Be cautious not to overmix to retain the airiness of the ice cream.
Step 7. Transfer to Freezer Container:
- Pour the combined ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container or loaf pan. Level the top surface with a spatula to create an even layer.
Step 8. Freeze:
- Cover the container securely with a lid or plastic wrap to prevent the formation of ice crystals. Place the container in the freezer and allow the ice cream to freeze for at least 6 hours or until it’s firm.
Step 9. Serve:
- Once the ice cream is adequately frozen, scoop it into bowls or cones. Indulge in the delightful and refreshing Blue Raspberry Ice Cream as a perfect treat to enjoy on any occasion!
• Use high quality ingredients for the best results.
• Make sure the mixture is completely cooled before pouring it into an ice cream maker.
• If the mixture is not thick enough, cook it for a few more minutes.
• Use a high-powered ice cream maker for the best results.
• For an added twist, mix in some fresh blueberries or crushed graham crackers.
A serving size of blue raspberry ice cream is approximately 1/2 cup. Each serving contains approximately 250 calories, 18 grams of fat, 14 grams of carbohydrates, and 4 grams of protein.
What to serve with blue raspberry ice cream recipe?
• Chocolate sauce
• Whipped cream
• Crushed graham crackers
• Salted caramel sauce
• Fresh fruit
• Chopped nuts
• Hot fudge
How to store leftover blue raspberry ice cream?
Leftover blue raspberry ice cream can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. To prevent ice crystals from forming, make sure to cover the top of the ice cream with parchment paper before sealing the container.
What other substitute can I use in blue raspberry ice cream?
• Raspberry preserves
• Raspberry extract
• Blueberry preserves
• Blueberry extract
• Blackberry preserves
• Strawberry preserves
• Lemon curd
• Lime curd
• Orange curd
- Mixing bowl
- Blender or food processor (if using fresh raspberries)
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Freezer-safe container or loaf pan
- Plastic wrap or lid for covering the container
- Bowls or cones for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon artisanal raspberry essence
- 7 oz. jar of premium sweetened condensed milk
- 5 oz. handcrafted Raspberry Preserves or 1 cup locally sourced fresh raspberries
- 1-2 drops natural blueberry-infused gel food coloring
- 1 cup chilled organic heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pure Madagascar vanilla extract
- If using Raspberry Preserves: In a mixing bowl, combine the Raspberry Preserves. If using fresh raspberries: Puree the fresh raspberries in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- To the raspberry base, add the artisanal raspberry essence and the natural blueberry-infused gel food coloring. Mix well until the desired color and flavor are achieved. Adjust the amount of food coloring based on preference for the shade of blue.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the sweetened condensed milk. Add the pure Madagascar vanilla extract and stir to combine thoroughly.
- In another clean mixing bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip the chilled organic heavy cream until stiff peaks form. This usually takes a few minutes on medium-high speed.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Use a spatula to combine them until no streaks remain.
- Add the prepared raspberry mixture to the whipped cream and condensed milk mixture. Gently fold it in until evenly distributed. Be careful not to overmix to maintain the airiness.
- Pour the combined mixture into a freezer-safe container or loaf pan. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Cover the container with a lid or plastic wrap to prevent ice crystals from forming. Place it in the freezer and let the ice cream freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm.
- Once the ice cream is properly frozen, scoop it into bowls or cones and serve. Enjoy the refreshing Blue Raspberry Ice Cream as a delightful treat!
- Use high quality ingredients for the best results.
- Make sure the mixture is completely cooled before pouring it into an ice cream maker.
- If the mixture is not thick enough, cook it for a few more minutes.
- Use a high-powered ice cream maker for the best results.
- For an added twist, mix in some fresh blueberries or crushed graham crackers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I make blue raspberry ice cream without an ice cream maker?
A1. Yes, you can make blue raspberry ice cream without an ice cream maker. To do so, freeze the mixture in a shallow dish and stir the mixture every 30 minutes until it is frozen.
Q2. Can I use a different type of milk in this recipe?
A2. Yes, you can use any type of milk in this recipe, such as almond milk or coconut milk.
Q3. How long will blue raspberry ice cream last in the freezer?
A3. Blue raspberry ice cream will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Q4. Is blue raspberry ice cream gluten-free?
A4. Yes, blue raspberry ice cream is gluten-free.
Q5. Can I use a different type of sugar in this recipe?
A5. Yes, you can use any type of sugar in this recipe, such as coconut sugar or brown sugar.
Q6. Can I use a different type of preserves in this recipe?
A6. Yes, you can use any type of preserves in this recipe, such as blackberry or strawberry.
Q7. Can I add other ingredients to this recipe?
A7. Yes, you can add other ingredients to this recipe, such as fresh fruit, candy, or chopped nuts.
Blue raspberry ice cream is a classic favorite that everyone loves. It’s sweet and tart flavor is balanced by the creamy, rich texture of the ice cream, making it a delicious treat that can be enjoyed any time of the year.
In this article, we provided a recipe for this classic dessert, as well as some tips and tricks to help you perfect your own blue raspberry ice cream.
We also discussed what other substitutes you can use in this recipe, how to store the ice cream, and what to serve with it. With this information, you’re ready to make your own delicious blue raspberry ice cream.
You’ll also like these latest recipes!
Lori Walker is a passionate dietitian and food lover. She offers simple and nutritious recipes that don't take long to cook. In addition to sharing delicious dishes, she also shares useful advice on saving time and money in the kitchen. She believes that with a bit of creativity, anyone can make healthy meals that won't break the bank. Read more