Last Updated on January 19, 2024
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy snack that your whole family can enjoy? Then you’ll love this Green Tortilla Chips Recipe! In this article, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about this tasty snack.
From its ingredients and step-by-step instructions to its nutrition information, storage tips, variations, and frequently asked questions, this article will give you all the information you need to make the perfect green tortilla chips.
What are Green Tortilla Chips?
Green tortilla chips are a flavorful and nutritious snack that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or a side dish. They offer a fresh perspective on traditional snacking. Bursting with vibrant green hues, these chips are a testament to the marriage of flavor and nutrition.
Whether you’re hosting a gathering, preparing a movie night feast, or simply craving a wholesome snack, these chips bring a touch of creativity to your culinary repertoire.
Why You’ll Love these Green Tortilla Chips?
Picture a crisp and golden tortilla chip, now infused with the earthy essence of fresh spinach. The flavor profile is a harmonious blend of the mild sweetness of spinach and the savory notes of traditional tortilla chips.
The spinach not only imparts a subtle vegetable taste but also adds a layer of complexity to each bite. The chips boast a satisfying crunch that complements the vibrant green color, making them not just a treat for the taste buds but also a feast for the eyes.
Seasoned with a sprinkle of salt or your favorite herbs and spices, these Green Spinach Tortilla Chips become a versatile canvas for your flavor preferences.
You’ll also like the following Appetizer recipes!
- How to make Japanese Chicken Nuggets
- Bisquick Beer Batter Copycat Recipe
- Giada De Laurentiis Meatball
Grain-Free Spinach Tortillas: These thin and spirited tortillas serve as the foundation of the recipe, offering a grain-free alternative. Packed with spinach, they not only contribute to the vibrant green color but also bring a subtle earthiness and nutritional value to the chips.
Olive Oil: Adding a touch of Mediterranean elegance, olive oil is used to coat the tortillas before baking. It enhances the crispiness of the chips and imparts a light, savory flavor that complements the other seasonings.
Nutritional Yeast: Often referred to as the secret umami booster, nutritional yeast contributes a savory and cheesy flavor to the chips. It’s a plant-based ingredient that enhances the overall taste, making the chips more satisfying and flavorful.
Dried Parsley: Bringing a green fragrance from the herb garden, dried parsley not only adds a burst of color but also introduces a mild herbal note. It contributes to the visual appeal and provides a subtle freshness to each chip.
Onion Powder: A whiff of allium magic is achieved with onion powder. It imparts a savory and slightly sweet onion flavor without the texture of fresh onions, enhancing the overall seasoning blend.
Dried Chives: Offering a gentle onion whisper, dried chives bring a mild onion flavor and a touch of greenery. They contribute to the herbaceous profile of the chips, complementing the other seasonings.
Garlic Powder: The essence of culinary alchemy, garlic powder infuses the chips with a robust garlic flavor. It adds depth and complexity to the seasoning profile, creating a more dynamic taste.
Sea Salt: To dance on taste buds with elegance, sea salt is the final touch. It enhances all the flavors, balances the savory and herbal notes, and elevates the overall taste of the green tortilla chips.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Preheat the Oven:
Embark on your culinary adventure by preheating your oven to a toasty 350°F (175°C). Ensure the baking stage is set by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper, offering a pristine canvas for your vibrant green tortilla chips.
Step 2: Cut Tortillas into Chips:
With the finesse of a culinary artist, take the grain-free spinach tortillas and carve them into triangular chip shapes. A pizza cutter or a knife can be your tools of choice for this creative endeavor.
Step 3: Prepare the Seasoning:
Compose a symphony of flavors in a small bowl by harmonizing nutritional yeast, dried parsley, onion powder, dried chives, garlic powder, and sea salt. This masterful blend will be the key to elevating your green tortilla chips to a realm of taste sensation.
Step 4: Coat with Olive Oil:
Bestow a delicate touch as you lightly brush each tortilla chip with olive oil. This not only imparts a luscious sheen but also serves as the adhesive canvas for the forthcoming seasoning, ensuring a delightful crispiness upon baking.
Step 5: Sprinkle the Seasoning:
With an artistic flourish, sprinkle the prepared seasoning mix generously over each tortilla chip. Pay attention to the even distribution of this flavorful potion, ensuring a symphony of tastes with every bite.
Step 6: Arrange on Baking Sheet:
Choreograph the arrangement of your seasoned tortilla chips on the parchment-covered baking sheet. Each chip should find its place without overlapping, setting the stage for a synchronized baking performance.
Step 7: Bake to Crispy Perfection:
Guide your chips into the enchanted oven for a transformative baking experience. Let them bask in the heat for approximately 8-10 minutes or until they emerge as crispy, golden-brown treasures.
Step 8: Cool and Enjoy:
Grant your green tortilla chips a moment to cool, allowing them to crisp up further and reach the pinnacle of textural delight.
Step 9: Serve and Share:
Transfer your masterpiece to a serving bowl or invite others to savor the goodness directly from the baking sheet. Share the joy of these vibrant, flavorful chips with friends, or relish them as a delightful solo snack.
• Make sure to preheat the oven before you start.
• If you want a spicier flavor, add more chili powder.
• If you want a milder flavor, reduce the chili powder.
• Feel free to add any other spices you like.
• Make sure to watch the chips closely while they bake so they don’t burn.
• Let the chips cool before serving.
One serving of green tortilla chips (about 4 chips) contains approximately 100 calories, 3 grams of fat, 8 grams of carbohydrates, and 2 grams of protein. The chips are also a good source of fiber, iron, and calcium.
How to Store Green Tortilla Chips?
The chips should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for up to one week.
• Use different vegetables: You can use any type of vegetables other than spinach if you like. Try broccoli, bell peppers, squash, or zucchini.
• Use different spices: Try adding oregano, basil, or thyme for a different flavor.
• Add nuts or seeds: Nuts and seeds are a great way to add more protein and healthy fats to the chips. Try adding walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds.
• Add beans: Beans are a great way to add more protein and fiber to the chips. Try adding black beans or pinto beans.
• Add herbs: Herbs are a great way to add flavor to the chips. Try adding parsley, cilantro, or dill.
- Measuring cups
- Baking dish
- 2 Tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast the Secret Umami Booster
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Parsley Green Fragrance from the Herb Garden
- 1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder A Whiff of Allium Magic
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Chives A Gentle Onion Whisper
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder The Essence of Culinary Alchemy
- 1/4 Teaspoon or More of Sea Salt to Dance on Taste Buds with Elegance
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take the grain-free spinach tortillas and cut them into triangular chip shapes using a pizza cutter or knife.
- Mix nutritional yeast, dried parsley, onion powder, dried chives, garlic powder, and sea salt in a small bowl. This creates a flavorful seasoning blend.
- Lightly brush each tortilla chip with olive oil. This will help the seasoning adhere and give the chips a delightful crispiness when baked.
- Sprinkle the prepared seasoning mix generously over each tortilla chip. Ensure an even distribution for a balanced flavor profile.
- Place the seasoned tortilla chips on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Ensure they are not overlapping for even baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the chips are crispy and golden brown.
- Allow the green tortilla chips to cool for a few minutes. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Transfer the chips to a serving bowl or enjoy them directly from the baking sheet. Share these vibrant and flavorful chips with friends or savor them as a delightful snack.
- Make sure to preheat the oven before you start.
- If you want a spicier flavor, add more chili powder.
- If you want a milder flavor, reduce the chili powder.
- Feel free to add any other spices you like.
- Make sure to watch the chips closely while they bake so they don’t burn.
- Let the chips cool before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use other vegetables in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use any type of vegetable you like instead of spinach. Try broccoli, bell peppers, squash, or zucchini.
Q: Is this recipe vegan-friendly?
A: Yes, you can make the chips vegan-friendly by using vegan cheese.
Q: How long will the chips stay fresh?
A: The chips should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and will stay fresh for up to one week.
Q: Can I add nuts or seeds to the chips?
A: Yes, nuts and seeds are a great way to add more protein and healthy fats to the chips. Try adding walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds.
Q: Can I add herbs to the chips?
A: Yes, herbs are a great way to add flavor to the chips. Try adding parsley, cilantro, or dill.
This green tortilla chips recipe is a delicious and healthy way to get your family to enjoy more vegetables. It is easy to make and can be customized to your liking. You can use any type of vegetables, spices, nuts, seeds, herbs, and cheese you prefer.
Plus, it’s vegan-friendly, and the chips can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. So, if you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious snack, this green tortilla chips recipe is sure to be a hit.
You’ll also like these latest recipes!
- How to make Skinnytaste Turkey Chili Taco Soup
- Campbell’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Sugar Free Pumpkin Roll Copycat Recipe
Rebecca Novak is a trained chef with over 10 years of experience in the food industry. She has worked in both fine dining and casual Hungarian restaurants and specializes in creating dishes using fresh, seasonal ingredients. She also loves exploring different cuisines worldwide, which allows her to bring unique flavors and ideas to the recipes she creates for Hungarianchef.com. Read more