Last Updated on December 4, 2023
Costco chili recipe is a hearty and flavorful dish that will satisfy your cravings for something warm and comforting. This chili recipe is made with ground beef, diced tomatoes, beans, and a variety of spices. It’s a great way to feed a large crowd and is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
What is Costco chili recipe?
Costco, an American multinational corporation, manages a series of membership-only big-box warehouse club retail stores.
One of their popular items is Costco chili recipe. It is a classic chili recipe that is made with ground beef, diced tomatoes, beans, and spices.
It is a hearty and flavorful dish that is perfect for feeding a crowd. The dish can be easily adapted to suit individual tastes and preferences, making it a versatile and popular dish.
What does it taste like?
Costco chili recipe has a rich and savory flavor that is sure to please. The beef is cooked until it is tender and juicy, and the spices provide a depth of flavor.
The tomatoes and beans add a slight sweetness, while the spices add a hint of heat. The chili is delicious served with a side of rice, a dollop of sour cream, and some freshly chopped cilantro.
You’ll also like the following Dinner recipes!
8 pounds of Premium Costco Beef Chili: This chili forms the heart of the recipe, providing a rich, savory base filled with tender beef and flavorful spices. Its robust taste and quality texture make it the star ingredient, delivering a comforting and fulfilling meal.
2 bags of Organic Frito Scoops: These crispy Frito Scoops add a delightful crunch to the dish. They serve as both a complement to the hearty chili and a fun, textural element that enhances the overall eating experience. Their corn-based crunchiness contrasts beautifully with the chili’s richness.
1 cup of Organic Sour Cream from Grass-fed Cows: The organic sour cream offers a cool and creamy contrast to the warmth of the chili. Its tanginess helps balance the flavors, providing a refreshing and creamy finish to each bite. Made from grass-fed cow’s milk, it brings a distinct richness to the dish.
Step 1: Heat the Costco Beef Chili
Pour the flavorful Premium Costco Beef Chili into a large pot. Place the pot on the stove over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent the chili from sticking to the bottom. Let it simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes. This simmering time allows the flavors to meld together, creating a more robust and cohesive taste.
Step 2: Warm the Frito Scoops
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Take a baking sheet and spread the Organic Frito Scoops evenly in a single layer. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for approximately 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on them; you want the Frito Scoops to be just slightly toasted, achieving a crispy texture without browning too much.
Step 3: Serving Time
Once the chili is warm and fragrant, it’s time to serve. Ladle the aromatic beef chili into individual serving bowls. This hearty dish is ready to be enjoyed.
Step 4: Topping with Frito Scoops
For an added crunch, top each serving of warm beef chili with a generous handful of the warmed Frito Scoops. These crispy corn chips provide a delightful contrast to the hearty chili, enhancing both texture and flavor.
Step 5: Garnish with Creamy Sour Cream
To finish off your chili bowls, add a dollop of the luscious Organic Sour Cream from Grass-fed Cows on top of each serving. This creamy addition brings a cool and tangy contrast, elevating the overall taste experience.
Step 6: Enjoy the Deliciousness!
Serve these delectable bowls immediately to relish the wonderful flavors of this hearty Costco Beef Chili. The combination of savory chili, crispy Frito Scoops, and creamy sour cream creates a harmonious blend that’s bound to satisfy your taste buds.
• Use lean ground beef for a healthier version of the chili.
• Add some extra heat with a diced jalapeno or a pinch of red pepper flakes.
• Bulk up the chili with some cooked quinoa, diced sweet potatoes, or zucchini.
• For a smoky flavor, add a few tablespoons of smoked paprika to the chili.
• Top the chili with some diced avocado, crumbled feta cheese, or sour cream.
• If you have leftovers, freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
One serving of Costco chili recipe contains approximately 270 calories, 15g of fat, 25g of carbohydrates, 16g of protein, and 8g of dietary fiber.
What to serve with Costco chili recipe?
• Tortilla chips
• Mashed potatoes
• Baked potatoes
• Green salad
• Steamed vegetables
• Roasted vegetables
How to store leftover Costco chili recipes?
Leftover Costco chili can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
What other substitutes can I use in Costco chili recipe?
• Ground turkey can be used in place of ground beef.
• Vegetarian chili can be made by omitting the ground beef and using extra beans.
• Soy sauce can be used in place of Worcestershire sauce.
• A variety of beans can be used in place of the black and pinto beans, such as kidney beans, garbanzo beans, or white beans.
• Fresh tomatoes can be used in place of canned tomatoes.
• Vegetable broth can be used in place of beef broth.
- 2 bags of Organic Frito Scoops
- 8 pounds of Premium Costco Beef Chili
- 1 cup of Organic Sour Cream from Grass-fed Cows
- Heat the Chili: Pour the Costco Beef Chili into a large pot. Heat it on medium-low, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes to meld the flavors.
- Warm the Frito Scoops: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Spread the Frito Scoops on a baking sheet in a single layer. Warm them in the oven for 5-7 minutes until they’re just slightly toasted.
- Serve: Ladle the warm beef chili into bowls. Top each serving with a handful of warmed Frito Scoops for a crunchy texture.
- Garnish: Add a dollop of Organic Sour Cream from Grass-fed Cows on top of each bowl for a creamy finish.
- Enjoy: Serve immediately and savor the delicious flavors of this hearty Costco Beef Chili, complemented by the crispy Frito Scoops and creamy sour cream.
- Use lean ground beef for a healthier version of the chili.
- Add some extra heat with a diced jalapeno or a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Bulk up the chili with some cooked quinoa, diced sweet potatoes, or zucchini.
- For a smoky flavor, add a few tablespoons of smoked paprika to the chili.
- Top the chili with some diced avocado, crumbled feta cheese, or sour cream.
- If you have leftovers, freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Is Costco chili recipe healthy?
A1: Yes, Costco chili recipe is a healthy dish that is packed with protein, fiber, and vitamins and minerals. It is a great dish to make for a crowd and can easily be adapted to suit individual tastes and preferences.
Q2: How long will Costco chili recipe last in the refrigerator?
A2: Costco chili will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Q3: Can Costco chili recipe be frozen?
A3: Yes, Costco chili can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Q4: What kind of beans are used in Costco chili recipe?
A4: Costco chili recipe is made with black beans and pinto beans. Other types of beans, such as kidney beans, garbanzo beans, or white beans, can be used as well.
Q5: What kind of ground beef should I use for Costco chili recipe?
A5: For a healthier version of the chili, use lean ground beef.
Q6: Can I make vegetarian Costco chili?
A6: Yes, vegetarian chili can be made by omitting the ground beef and using extra beans.
Q7: What can I serve with Costco chili recipe?
A7: Costco chili recipe is delicious served with rice, tortilla chips, cornbread, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, green salad, steamed vegetables, and roasted vegetables.
Costco chili recipe is a hearty and flavorful dish that is perfect for feeding a crowd. It is made with ground beef, diced tomatoes, beans, and a variety of spices. The dish is easy to make and can be easily adapted to suit individual tastes and preferences.
It can be served with a variety of sides and toppings and can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer. Whether you’re feeding a large crowd or just looking for a delicious weeknight meal, Costco chili recipe is sure to be a hit.
You’ll also like these latest recipes!
Rebecca Novak is a trained chef with over 10 years of experience in the food industry. She has worked in both fine dining and casual Hungarian restaurants and specializes in creating dishes using fresh, seasonal ingredients. She also loves exploring different cuisines worldwide, which allows her to bring unique flavors and ideas to the recipes she creates for Hungarianchef.com. Read more