Last Updated on July 16, 2023
If you are looking for a delicious ranch dip or dressing, then try out the texas roadhouse ranch recipe. This tangy and creamy sauce is full of flavor and perfect for any type of dish you can think of! The classic combination of delightful ingredients gives this ranch its signature flavor that will definitely leave your taste buds in awe. Whether it is used as a dip, dressing, or sauce for any meal or snack, you will not be disappointed with the texas roadhouse ranch recipe!
Now, you must be thinking about how to make this amazing sauce at home in the comfort of your own kitchen. Well, worry no more! This Texas roadhouse ranch recipe is easy to follow and will give you absolutely delicious results every single time.
What Is texas roadhouse ranch?
Texas Roadhouse Ranch is a delicious, creamy, and tangy ranch dressing that has become very popular in the United States. It was first introduced by the popular American restaurant chain Texas Roadhouse and quickly became a fan favorite. The unique blend of buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, dry dill, garlic salt, onion powder, black pepper, dry parsley, cayenne pepper, and salt makes it an incredibly enjoyable condiment for all kinds of dishes.
You Might Also Like These Side Dishes Recipes!
- Board And Brew Sauce Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Longhorn Steakhouse Brussel Sprouts Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Cracker Barrel Chicken Pot Pie
Where Did I First Try texas roadhouse ranch recipe?
The last time, I was in the USA, I had the pleasure to visit Texas Roadhouse, an American restaurant chain. Since it is known for its delicious food and great service, I decided to give it a try. The moment I stepped in, the atmosphere was so inviting and pleasant that my mouth started watering.
I ended up ordering a variety of dishes but what caught my attention the most was the Texas Roadhouse Ranch. I had seen it in other restaurants too but never got a chance to try it. As soon as my plate arrived, I drenched everything with this beautiful ranch dressing. And oh boy! It was so good that I couldn’t stop myself from having more and more of it.
The unique blend of creamy and tangy flavors with a hint of garlic, lemon juice, and other spices was simply amazing. It not only added the perfect burst of flavor to my dish but also made it look so appetizing that I wanted to eat even more.
Throughout my visit to Texas Roadhouse, I kept having this ranch dressing every chance I got. And now, whenever I feel like having a tasty treat, I always try to whip up this amazing ranch dressing at home.
However, it can be a bit tricky to figure out the exact measurements of ingredients for this flavorful recipe. But with some practice and patience, I think anyone can make their own version of Texas Roadhouse Ranch at home. Let’s get into the details now!
- Buttermilk: It will provide a creamy and slightly acidic base to the ranch. Also, it can help to balance out the other flavors.
- Sour Cream: It will provide a rich and smooth texture, while also adding creaminess and tanginess.
- Mayonnaise: This creamy condiment is essential for making a ranch dressing as it adds body and flavor.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh lemon juice provides acidity and a bright flavor to the ranch.
- Garlic Powder: It adds a deep and earthy flavor to the ranch dressing.
- Dry Dill: The herb gives a mild onion-like flavor with hints of grassiness.
- Garlic Salt: Adds a nice balance of saltiness and garlic flavor without being too overpowering.
- Onion Powder: This will provide a mild onion flavor with some sweetness.
- Black Pepper: This will add subtle heat and a slightly nutty flavor to the ranch dressing.
- Dry Parsley: It adds freshness and color to the dish, while also providing a mild herbaceous flavor.
- Cayenne Pepper: This provides a little bit of heat that is balanced by the other flavors.
- Salt: This will bring out all of the flavors and make it taste even more delicious.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all listed ingredients. The mixture should be thick and creamy.
Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
Serve chilled texas roadhouse ranch as a dip or dressing on salads, sandwiches, burgers, tacos, or as a dip for chips.
• If you want to make a thicker ranch, add an extra tablespoon of mayonnaise. This will also help the flavors blend together better.
• If you are looking for a bit of extra tanginess, add an extra teaspoon of lemon juice.
• To make it spicier, increase the amount of cayenne pepper to ¼ teaspoon.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
If you don’t have any of the ingredients listed above, you can substitute them with other similar ingredients. For example, you can use plain yogurt instead of buttermilk, Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and olive oil or avocado oil instead of mayonnaise.
You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to create your own unique version of the Texas Roadhouse Ranch. Try adding oregano, basil, thyme, or any other herbs that you like.
- Large bowl
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup full-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp dry dill
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dry parsley
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all listed ingredients. The mixture should be thick and creamy.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
- Serve chilled texas roadhouse ranch as a dip or dressing on salads, sandwiches, burgers, tacos, or as a dip for chips.
- If you want to make a thicker ranch, add an extra tablespoon of mayonnaise. This will also help the flavors blend together better.
- If you are looking for a bit of extra tanginess, add an extra teaspoon of lemon juice.
- To make it spicier, increase the amount of cayenne pepper to ¼ teaspoon.
One tablespoon of this ranch dressing contains approximately
- 36 calories,
- 2.5 g fat,
- 3g carbohydrates, and
- 0.6g protein.
How to Store Leftover Texas Roadhouse Ranch?
Leftover texas roadhouse ranch can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to two weeks. Even though it may not have the same flavor and texture as when freshly made, you can still enjoy it with your favorite dishes.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can enjoy this ranch dressing as long as they avoid eating raw eggs or unpasteurized dairy products. Eventually, this food should be consumed in moderation.
Is Texas Roadhouse Ranch Gluten Free?
Yes, since the ingredients used in this recipe are all gluten-free, the resulting ranch is also gluten-free. Moreover, it is also dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
Can I make this ranch in advance?
Yes, you can make it up to two days ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. Additionally, you can also freeze it for up to two months. Just make sure to thaw before using.
So, do you think you can make this dish at home? It is very easy and the ingredients are relatively simple. All you need is some buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, dry dill, garlic salt, onion powder, black pepper, dry parsley, cayenne pepper, and salt to make this flavorful condiment. With the help of this Texas Roadhouse Ranch recipe and some practice, you will be able to make this ranch dressing just like the pros.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! Hope you enjoy it!
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Latest Recipes!
- Rafferty’s potato soup recipe (Copycat Version)
- Dinosaur Bbq Mac And Cheese Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Organic Puff Pastry
Rebecca Novak is a trained chef with over 10 years of experience in the food industry. She has worked in both fine dining and casual Hungarian restaurants and specializes in creating dishes using fresh, seasonal ingredients. She also loves exploring different cuisines worldwide, which allows her to bring unique flavors and ideas to the recipes she creates for Hungarianchef.com. Read more