Last Updated on July 16, 2023
Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that’s perfect for lunch or dinner.
This recipe is full of flavor, thanks to the smoky chipotle mayo and smoked turkey breast slices. Enjoy this sandwich with your favorite sides for a delicious, balanced meal!
In this article, you will learn how to make a Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich and get some helpful tips on how to customize it.
You’ll also find out the nutrition information for this sandwich so you can make an informed decision about what to eat. Let’s get started!
What is Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich?
Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich is a flavorful and satisfying sandwich made from the bakery store Panera Bread, made with toasted focaccia bread, chipotle mayo, avocado, onion, smoked turkey breast slices, and arugula.
This sandwich has a unique smoky flavor from the chipotle mayo and it’s loaded with protein from the turkey. It makes for a delicious, easy meal that’s perfect for lunch or dinner.
What does it taste like?
Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich has a unique smoky flavor from the chipotle mayo that pairs perfectly with the chewy focaccia bread, creamy avocado, crunchy onion, and peppery arugula.
The smoked turkey adds an extra layer of flavor and texture that really stands out in this sandwich. It’s a truly delicious and satisfying meal.
You Might Also Like These Breakfast Recipes!
- Mario Batali Sunday Gravy Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Aunt Jemima Cornbread
- Recipe for Herbalife Oatmeal Cookie Shake
How did I first get introduced to the Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich?
I first got introduced to the Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich when I was out for lunch with a friend. We decided to stop at Panera Bread and try something new. The sandwich caught my eye immediately, and after one bite I was hooked!
It had such an amazing flavor combination that I knew I had to make it myself. After some trial and error, I was finally able to recreate the delicious sandwich in my own kitchen.
How to make Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich?
Making the Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich is easy and straightforward. You just need to gather a few simple ingredients & follow the step-by-step instructions below for an easy and delicious meal:
- Sugar: This adds a hint of sweetness that helps balance out the spice from the chipotle peppers.
- Mayonnaise: This creamy condiment is a must-have for this sandwich! It adds flavor and texture to the Chipotle Mayo.
- Lime: The lime juice adds a delicious zing to this condiment and also helps bring out all the other flavors.
- Chipotle peppers in Adobo Sauce: This is a key ingredient that brings a unique smoky flavor to the sandwich. Make sure you puree it well so that it’s not too chunky.
- Focaccia bread: This is a type of Italian flatbread with an airy, chewy texture. It’s perfect for sandwiches!
- Avocado: Avocado adds a creamy element to the sandwich and pairs perfectly with chipotle mayo.
- Onion: Sliced onion brings a nice crunch to the sandwich, as well as an extra layer of flavor.
- Smoked turkey breast slices: This type of turkey is smoked, so it has a unique flavor and texture that really stands out in the sandwich.
- Arugula: Arugula adds a peppery flavor to the sandwich that pairs wonderfully with the smoked turkey. You can also use other greens like spinach or mixed greens for this recipe.
- Olive oil: Drizzling olive oil onto the focaccia bread gives it a nice flavor and helps keep it from sticking to the pan.
Begin by making the chipotle mayo. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients: ½ Tbsp sugar, ½ cup mayonnaise, 1 lime juiced, and 2 Tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce pureed. Mix until everything is combined and set aside.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place 4 of the focaccia slices in the pan and toast for about 1 minute per side, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from heat and repeat with the remaining focaccia slices.
Once all of the focaccia is toasted, spread a generous layer of chipotle mayo onto each slice. Then add layers of avocado, onion, smoked turkey breast slices, and arugula in between them.
Serve your Panera Bread Sierra Turkey sandwich with your favorite sides, like chips or a salad.
-If you don’t have chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, you can use canned chipotle peppers instead. Just be sure to adjust the measurements accordingly.
-You can also add other ingredients to your sandwich if you want more flavor. Try tomatoes, pickles, or roasted red peppers for a delicious twist!
- Dutch oven
- Wooden spoon
For Tomato Sauce
- One chopped Spanish onion
- Pepper and salt
- Crushed tomatoes
- Two bay leaves
- Two cups of sliced shiitake, mushrooms, and oyster
- Two small carrots, finely diced
- One fresh rosemary
- 1/2 bottle of red wine, fully boiled
- Two chopped garlic
- One tbsp thyme
For Stuffed Chicken
- Six basil leaves
- One red peeled, seeded, and roasted pepper
- 3 chicken breast pieces, thin cut, pounded flat
- 3 tsp goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tsp chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tsp grill seasoning
- 1 diced large Spanish onion
- 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb of ground pork
- One lb pork loin, filled with garlic cloves
- Lasagna sheets
- Beef with bone
- Boiled eggs
- Four Italian sausage
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the Spanish onion with 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the pepper and salt to season.
- Next, add the crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, shiitake, and oyster mushrooms, diced carrots, rosemary, red wine, and garlic.
- Allow the mixture to come up to a boil before reducing the heat and simmering for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stuffed chicken. Place one basil leaf on each pounded chicken breast piece and top each one with 1 teaspoon of goat cheese. Roll up the chicken pieces and secure them with toothpicks.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, parsley leaves, grill seasoning, and diced onion in a bowl. Add the balsamic vinegar and ground pork before mixing lightly until everything is combined.
- Form the mixture into small-medium-sized meatballs.
- Stuff the pork loin with cloves and add to the simmering tomato sauce, along with the stuffed pieces and the meatballs.
- Layer the lasagna sheets over the top of everything in a single layer until covered.
- Add the beef with bone and boiled eggs to the sauce.
- Finally, add the Italian sausage and simmer for an additional 40 minutes or until all ingredients are cooked through.
- Serve warm over your favorite pasta!
- TOTAL FAT: 28g
- SATURATED FAT: 0g
- TRANS FAT: 0g
- UNSATURATED FAT: 0g
- CHOLESTEROL: 0mg
- SODIUM: 0mg
- CARBOHYDRATES: 25g
- FIBER: 0g
- SUGAR: 0g
- PROTEIN: 34g
What to serve with Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich?
A Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich pairs perfectly with a variety of sides. Some delicious accompaniments to consider are:
• Salads: Try making a salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and your favorite dressing for a light and refreshing side dish. To make it heartier, add some grilled chicken or avocado slices.
• Fruits: Fresh, seasonal fruits make great accompaniments for sandwiches. Try pairing your sandwich with sliced apples or berries for a naturally sweet addition to the meal.
• Chips: Classic chips are always a hit and are perfect for dipping into the chipotle mayo!
• Vegetables: Roasted vegetables like asparagus or Brussels sprouts are a great way to add more nutrition to the meal.
• Soups: A warm bowl of soup is an excellent complement to a Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich. Try a creamy tomato bisque or a classic chili for extra flavor and warmth.
• Pickles: Pickles add a tart flavor and crunchy texture to any sandwich.
• Drinks: Enjoy your sandwich with a cold glass of lemonade, iced tea, or even hot cocoa for something special.
How to store leftover Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich?
Leftover Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply place the sandwich on a baking sheet and warm it in the oven at 350°F for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. If you want to enjoy the sandwich cold, it can be eaten straight from the fridge.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, this Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich is safe to eat during pregnancy. Pregnant women should make sure to check the ingredients are in line with their doctor’s recommendations and that the sandwich has been stored and reheated properly before consuming.
Pregnant women may also wish to substitute some of the ingredients for alternatives that are pregnancy-safe.
Is this a healthy option?
Yes, this Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich can be a healthy option with the right ingredients. The main components of this sandwich are whole grain focaccia bread, healthy fats from the avocado and mayonnaise, lean protein from the turkey breast slices, and fresh veggies like onion and arugula.
This combination provides a great balance of essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. However, it is important to keep in mind that the overall nutritional value of the sandwich will depend on what ingredients you use.
For instance, if you are using a bread with added sugar or trans fats, or a mayonnaise high in sodium, then the sandwich will not be as healthy.
Can I make this sandwich vegan?
Yes, the Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich can be made vegan by substituting the turkey with your favorite plant-based protein option and omitting or replacing the mayo with a dairy-free alternative.
Can I make this sandwich gluten-free?
Yes, you can make the Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich gluten-free by using a gluten-free roll or wrap. You may also need to check the ingredients list of any condiments used and substitute with a gluten-free version if necessary.
The Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich is a delicious and nutritious meal option that can be customized to suit your individual tastes. It pairs well with a variety of sides, making it an excellent choice for lunch or dinner.
With the right ingredients, this sandwich can also be made vegan or gluten-free. To ensure the best outcome, make sure to check the ingredients list of any condiments used and store and reheat leftovers properly.
Thank you for reading. We hope this article has been helpful in learning more about the Panera Bread Sierra Turkey Sandwich and how to make it a healthy meal option!
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Latest Recipes!
- Mario Batali Sunday Gravy(Copycat Version)
- Marie Callender Pie Crust Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Chef Boyardee Beefaroni
Lori Walker is a passionate dietitian and food lover. She offers simple and nutritious recipes that don't take long to cook. In addition to sharing delicious dishes, she also shares useful advice on saving time and money in the kitchen. She believes that with a bit of creativity, anyone can make healthy meals that won't break the bank. Read more