Last Updated on December 6, 2023
Dandelions are one of the most popular and versatile herbs found in nature. They have been used for centuries as a medicinal plant, and are now being used to create delicious and nutritious meals.
A dandelion burger is one of the most popular dishes made with dandelion. It is a healthy, vegetarian alternative to traditional beef burgers and is packed full of flavor and nutrition.
What is Dandelion Burger?
Dandelion Burger is a restaurant situated in Copenhagen. Their burger recipe is easy and delicious made with dandelion greens, mushrooms, herbs, and spices. This burger is a great way to enjoy the nutritional benefits of dandelion greens while still indulging in a delicious, hearty burger.
The ingredients in this recipe provide plenty of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making it a perfect meal for those looking to eat healthier.
Why You’ll Love this Dandelion Burger Recipe?
The dandelion burger recipe is a great way to enjoy the nutritional benefits of dandelion greens while still indulging in a delicious, hearty burger.
The ingredients in this recipe provide plenty of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making it a perfect meal for those looking to eat healthier. The combination of dandelion greens, mushrooms, herbs, and spices creates a unique flavor that is sure to please.
This recipe is also easy to make and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
You’ll also like the following Dinner recipes!
- Surf And Turf Burrito Copycat Recipe
- How to make Chinese Pressed Duck
- Costco Green Chili Chicken Bowl
How Does It Taste Like?
The dandelion burger recipe has a unique flavor that is a combination of earthy and savory. The dandelion greens provide a slightly bitter flavor that is balanced out by the mushrooms, herbs, and spices. The combination of flavors creates a delicious and satisfying burger that is sure to please.
- 2 Cups of Freshly Picked Dandelion Petals (Vibrant Yellow Parts Only): Dandelion petals contribute a unique and slightly bitter flavor to the dish, as well as a vibrant yellow color. Make sure to use only the petals for a delicate taste.
- 1 Cup of Nutrient-Rich Whole Wheat Flour: Whole wheat flour adds a nutty and wholesome element to the recipe, providing additional fiber and nutrients.
- 1 Teaspoon of Freshly Ground Pepper: Freshly ground pepper adds a warm and spicy kick, enhancing the overall flavor profile of the dish.
- 1 Teaspoon of Aromatic Garlic Powder: Garlic powder brings a concentrated garlic flavor, adding depth and savory notes to the recipe.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Fragrant Basil: Basil contributes a fresh and aromatic herbal taste, complementing the other flavors in the dish.
- 1 Teaspoon of Sun-Dried Oregano: Sun-dried oregano provides a Mediterranean touch, infusing the dish with a savory and earthy flavor.
- 1/2 Cup of Delicately Chopped White Part of the Onion: Chopped white onion adds a sweet and mild onion flavor, enhancing the overall taste of the dish.
- 4 Tablespoons of Nut Meal (Finely Ground Almonds for Nutty Goodness): Nut meal, made from finely ground almonds, adds a rich and nutty flavor, bringing a delightful texture and depth to the dish.
- 1/2 Cup of Velvety Skim Milk Powder: Skim milk powder adds creaminess and richness to the recipe without the extra fat content.
- 1/2 Cup of Wholesome Wheat Germ: Wheat germ is a nutritious addition, providing additional vitamins, minerals, and a nutty flavor.
- 1 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt: Pink Himalayan salt adds a subtle mineral flavor and enhances the overall seasoning of the dish.
- 1/2 Cup of Finely Chopped Onion Greens: Chopped onion greens contribute a fresh and mildly onion-like flavor, as well as a pop of green color to the dish.
- Vegetable Oil for Cooking, ensuring a Perfect Sizzle in Every Bite: Vegetable oil is used for cooking, providing a medium for frying and ensuring a crisp texture in every bite.
- 2 Eggs (or Liquid Egg or Egg Replacement for a Vegan Culinary Adventure): Eggs serve as a binding agent, contributing to the structure and texture of the dish. For a vegan version, liquid egg or an egg replacement can be used for similar binding properties.
Step by Step Directions
Step 1: Prepare the Dandelion Petals
Ensure you’ve gathered 2 cups of freshly picked dandelion petals, using only the vibrant yellow parts. Thoroughly rinse the petals and set them aside for use in your burger recipe.
Step 2: Combine Dry Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, bring together freshly ground pepper, aromatic garlic powder, pink Himalayan salt, sun-dried oregano, fragrant basil, nut meal, skim milk powder, and whole wheat flour. Mix these dry ingredients well to create a uniform and flavorful base for your burger patties.
Step 3: Incorporate Wet Ingredients
Add eggs (or your preferred egg substitute) to the dry mixture. Mix until the ingredients start coming together, creating a cohesive mixture that will bind the burger patties.
Step 4: Add Onion and Dandelion Petals
Fold in finely chopped onion greens, delicately chopped white part of the onion, and the freshly picked dandelion petals. Ensure an even distribution of these ingredients throughout the mixture, enhancing the flavor and texture of your burgers.
Step 5: Adjust Consistency
Depending on the moisture content, make adjustments to the consistency of the mixture. If it’s too dry, add a bit of water or milk. Conversely, if it’s too wet, incorporate a bit more flour until you achieve the desired texture.
Step 6: Shape the Patties
Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into burger patties. Ensure the patties are compact and hold together well, creating a foundation for a delicious and satisfying burger.
Step 7: Preheat the Pan
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet or pan over medium heat, ensuring it reaches an optimal temperature for a perfect sizzle when cooking the burgers.
Step 8: Cook the Burgers
Carefully place the shaped patties in the hot oil. Cook each side until golden brown and cooked through, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. This ensures a flavorful and well-cooked burger experience.
Step 9: Serve Warm
Once the dandelion burgers are cooked to perfection, transfer them to a serving plate. The warmth enhances the flavors and makes them ready to be enjoyed.
Step 10: Garnish and Enjoy
Garnish your dandelion burgers with additional fresh dandelion petals for a visually appealing touch. Serve the burgers warm and savor the unique flavors and wholesome goodness of your dandelion creation. This culinary adventure promises a delightful and nutritious meal, perfect for those looking to explore creative and wholesome culinary options!
– To make the burgers vegan, substitute the parmesan cheese with vegan cheese.
– To make the burgers gluten-free, substitute the bread crumbs with gluten-free bread crumbs.
– To add extra flavor to the burgers, try adding some diced bell peppers to the mixture.
– To make the burgers spicier, try adding some hot sauce to the mixture.
– To make the burgers extra juicy, try adding some diced tomatoes to the mixture.
One serving of dandelion burger (without the bun) contains approximately 140 calories, 7 grams of fat, 11 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fiber, 8 grams of protein, and 180 milligrams of sodium.
How to Store Dandelion Burger?
The dandelion burger recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The burgers can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
What Other Substitute Can I Use in Dandelion Burger Recipe?
-Spinach – spinach can be used in place of the dandelion greens for a milder flavor.
-Lentils – lentils can be used in place of the tofu for a protein-rich alternative.
-Walnuts – walnuts can be used in place of the bread crumbs for a crunchy texture.
– Nutritional Yeast – nutritional yeast can be used in place of the parmesan cheese for a cheesy flavor.
– Soy Sauce – soy sauce can be used in place of the Worcestershire sauce for a savory flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is dandelion burger recipe healthy?
Yes, dandelion burger recipe is a healthy and nutritious meal. It is packed full of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making it a perfect meal for those looking to eat healthier.
Can I freeze dandelion burger recipe?
Yes, the dandelion burger recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months.
What can I use in place of the tofu in dandelion burger recipe?
Lentils can be used in place of the tofu for a protein-rich alternative.
Can I make dandelion burger recipe vegan?
Yes, the dandelion burger recipe can be made vegan by substituting the parmesan cheese with vegan cheese.
How long can I store dandelion burger recipe in the refrigerator?
The dandelion burger recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What can I use in place of the Worcestershire sauce in dandelion burger recipe?
Soy sauce can be used in place of the Worcestershire sauce for a savory flavor.
The dandelion burger recipe is a delicious and nutritious meal that is packed full of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. This recipe is easy to make and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. The combination of dandelion greens, mushrooms, herbs, and spices creates a unique flavor that is sure to please.
With a few simple substitutions, the dandelion burger recipe can be made vegan or gluten-free. This recipe is a great way to enjoy the nutritional benefits of dandelion greens while still indulging in a delicious, hearty burger.
You’ll also like these latest recipes!
- Costco Three Bean Salad Copycat Recipe
- How to make Healthy Noodle Costco Pad Thai
- Trader Joe’s Argentinian Shrimp
Rebecca Novak is a trained chef with over 10 years of experience in the food industry. She has worked in both fine dining and casual Hungarian restaurants and specializes in creating dishes using fresh, seasonal ingredients. She also loves exploring different cuisines worldwide, which allows her to bring unique flavors and ideas to the recipes she creates for Hungarianchef.com. Read more