Last Updated on November 17, 2023
Italian salad is a delicious and easy-to-make salad. It’s made with various fresh vegetables, seasonings, and a creamy Italian dressing, making it a light and flavorful meal. It’s the perfect salad to serve at a potluck or BBQ and can be easily adapted to accommodate different tastes.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftovers you might have in your fridge. Read on to learn all about Costco creamy Italian salad and how to make it!
What is Costco Creamy Italian Salad?
Costco creamy Italian salad is a light and flavorful salad made with a variety of fresh vegetables, seasonings, and a creamy Italian dressing. It’s a great way to use up leftovers and can be adapted to accommodate different tastes.
It’s the perfect salad to serve at a potluck or BBQ and is sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
What does it taste like?
Costco creamy Italian salad has a light and flavorful taste. The creamy Italian dressing adds a tangy flavor, while the fresh vegetables add a crunch. The seasonings give it a nice kick, while the Parmesan cheese adds a nice salty finish.
You’ll also like the following Side Dishes recipes!
- How to make Costco Potato Salad
- Domino’s Chicken Alfredo Copycat Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Turnip Greens
Garlic Croutons (1 cup): Crunchy garlic bites
Italian Cheeses (1 cup): Rich Italian blend
Chopped Romaine Lettuce (1/2 cup): Crisp salad base
Thinly Sliced Green Cabbage (1 cup): Fresh green crunch
Creamy Italian Dressing: Zesty creamy mix
Thinly Sliced Red Cabbage (1 cup): Vibrant red crunch
Wash and chop the Romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Slice both the green and red cabbage thinly. Ensure they’re well cleaned and drained. Gather the garlic croutons, Italian cheeses, and creamy Italian dressing.
In a large salad bowl, add the chopped Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced green cabbage, thinly sliced red cabbage, garlic croutons, and Italian cheeses.
Dress the Salad:
Drizzle the Creamy Italian dressing over the salad ingredients. Start with a moderate amount and adjust according to taste preference.
Toss and Coat:
Gently toss the salad to ensure all ingredients are well mixed and evenly coated with the dressing.
Refrigerate the salad for 10-15 minutes before serving if you prefer it slightly chilled.
Plate the salad and serve as a delightful side dish or add protein like grilled chicken or shrimp for a complete meal.
• Use a variety of vegetables to give the salad more texture and flavor.
• Add your favorite seasonings to the dressing to give it a unique flavor.
• Use a creamy Italian dressing that is low in fat and calories.
• Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the best flavor.
• Add croutons or bacon bits for an extra crunch.
• Serve with a side of crusty bread for a complete meal.
Costco creamy Italian salad is low in fat and calories and is a great option for those watching their weight. One serving of the salad contains approximately 220 calories, 12 grams of fat, and 7 grams of protein.
What to Serve With Costco Creamy Italian Salad Recipe?
• Grilled chicken: Grilled chicken is a great way to add some protein to the salad.
• Garlic bread: Garlic bread is the perfect side dish for any Italian dish.
• Baked potatoes: Baked potatoes are a great way to add some extra carbs to the meal.
• Green beans: Green beans are a great way to add some extra vegetables to the dish.
• A glass of white wine: A glass of white wine is the perfect way to end the meal.
How to Store Leftover Costco Creamy Italian Salad Recipe?
Leftover Costco creamy Italian salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. Make sure to store the dressing separately.
What Other Substitutes Can I Use In Costco Creamy Italian Salad Recipe?
• Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt can be used instead of creamy Italian dressing for a healthier option.
• Spinach: Spinach can be used instead of Romaine lettuce for a different flavor.
• Red onion: Red onion can be used instead of white onion for a milder flavor.
• Cucumber: Cucumber can be used instead of bell peppers for a light and refreshing taste.
• Feta cheese: Feta cheese can be used instead of Parmesan cheese for a more salty flavor.
- 1 Cup of Garlic-Infused Croutons: Elevate your salad game with croutons that boast a savory punch of garlic in every crunchy bite.
- 1 Cup of Exquisite Blend of Good Quality Italian Cheeses: Indulge your taste buds with a luxurious fusion of Parmesan mozzarella, and aged asiago, creating a symphony of flavors in every cheesy morsel.
- 1/2 Cup of Crisply Chopped Romaine Lettuce: Delight in the refreshing crispness of meticulously chopped Romaine lettuce adding a burst of green vitality to your salad.
- 1 Cup of Vibrant Green Cabbage Ribbons: Introduce a vibrant twist to your dish with delicate ribbons of green cabbage providing both color and a satisfying crunch.
- Creamy Italian Dressing Elixir: Drizzle your creation with a velvety house-made creamy Italian dressing, transforming every ingredient into a harmonious medley of rich, zesty perfection.
- 1 Cup of Artfully Thinly Sliced Red Cabbage Threads: Infuse your salad with visual allure and a hint of peppery flavor as the thinly sliced red cabbage weaves through the dish like vibrant threads of culinary artistry.
- Preparation: If you’re making homemade croutons, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Cube or cut bread into bite-sized pieces.
- Seasoning: Toss the bread pieces with olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and any preferred herbs like oregano or thyme.
- Bake: Spread the seasoned bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Allow them to cool completely before using.
- Selection: Choose a combination of Italian cheeses like mozzarella, parmesan, or asiago, either shredded or cut into small cubes.
- Preparation: Ensure the cheeses are at room temperature if you prefer a creamier texture when added to the salad.
- Cleaning: Thoroughly wash the Romaine lettuce leaves under cold running water to remove any dirt or debris.
- Drying: Use a salad spinner or pat the leaves dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to remove excess water.
- Chopping: With a sharp knife, chop the Romaine lettuce into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- Cleaning: Wash the green cabbage thoroughly and remove any outer leaves that are wilted or damaged.
- Slicing: Use a sharp knife or a mandoline slicer to cut the cabbage into thin, even slices.
- Homemade: If making homemade dressing, combine ingredients like mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Store-bought: Shake or stir the store-bought creamy Italian dressing to ensure it’s well mixed before using.
- Preparation: Wash the red cabbage thoroughly and remove any outer leaves that are discolored or wilted.
- Slicing: Use a sharp knife to thinly slice the red cabbage into strips.
- Use a variety of vegetables to give the salad more texture and flavor.
- Add your favorite seasonings to the dressing to give it a unique flavor.
- Use a creamy Italian dressing that is low in fat and calories.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the best flavor.
- Add croutons or bacon bits for an extra crunch.
- Serve with a side of crusty bread for a complete meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How long does Costco creamy Italian salad last?
Costco creamy Italian salad can last up to two days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Q2. Can I make Costco creamy Italian salad ahead of time?
Yes, Costco creamy Italian salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Q3. Can I freeze Costco creamy Italian salad?
No, it is not recommended to freeze Costco creamy Italian salad as the vegetables will become soggy when thawed.
Q4. What dressing should I use for Costco creamy Italian salad?
A creamy Italian dressing is recommended for Costco creamy Italian salad, but you can also use other dressings such as balsamic vinaigrette or ranch.
Q5. Is Costco creamy Italian salad healthy?
Yes, Costco creamy Italian salad is low in fat and calories and is a great option for those watching their weight.
Q6. Can I add extra vegetables to Costco creamy Italian salad?
Yes, you can add extra vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, and celery to give the salad more flavor and texture.
Q7. Can I use pre-shredded Parmesan cheese for Costco creamy Italian salad?
Yes, pre-shredded Parmesan cheese can be used for Costco creamy Italian salad, however freshly grated Parmesan cheese will give the salad the best flavor.
Costco creamy Italian salad is a delicious and easy-to-make salad. It’s made with various fresh vegetables, seasonings, and a creamy Italian dressing, making it a light and flavorful meal. It’s the perfect salad to serve at a potluck or BBQ and can be easily adapted to accommodate different tastes.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftovers you might have in your fridge. Try making Costco creamy Italian salad today and enjoy the delicious flavors and textures!
You’ll also like these latest recipes!
- Long John Silver’s Tartar Sauce
- Texas Roadhouse Honey Mustard Copycat Recipe
- How to make Louisiana Licker Sauce
Lori Walker is a passionate dietitian and food lover. She offers simple and nutritious recipes that don't take long to cook. In addition to sharing delicious dishes, she also shares useful advice on saving time and money in the kitchen. She believes that with a bit of creativity, anyone can make healthy meals that won't break the bank. Read more